Lowfield Distribution (Sainsburys) Middleton, Manchester

Having personally driven it i can categorically say no.

It’s a ‘C’ Series with Gardner 6LXCT 230 turbo engine and Spicer twin splitter.

Greetings,All
Ref. the B series ERF,I worked at the Shell Depot at Wandsworth and we had some B series and some did have the Spicer box fitted (blue gear lever) with just the splitter.One was GHX555W.
They were fitted with a Rolls Royce 265 which was adequate for the job. Others had the ■■■■■■■ with a Fuller box.One even had an Allison Automatic box but it wasn’t a success.Kind regards to all,900x20. :slight_smile:

900X20:
Greetings,All
Ref. the B series ERF,I worked at the Shell Depot at Wandsworth and we had some B series and some did have the Spicer box fitted (blue gear lever) with just the splitter.One was GHX555W.
They were fitted with a Rolls Royce 265 which was adequate for the job. Others had the ■■■■■■■ with a Fuller box.One even had an Allison Automatic box but it wasn’t a success.Kind regards to all,900x20. :slight_smile:

All the ‘C’ Series at Lowfield’s were fitted with the blue gear levered Spicer twin splitter which was what Lowfield’s choose in their specification at that time later becoming standard equipment on any ERF model.

Once mastered with the right revs you could go up and down those gears as smooth as silk never having to depress the clutch using it only to start and come to a stop.

Think you need a history lesson. :smiley:

ERF choose Spicer.

Commercial Motor archive article.

York trailer advert 1978. :wink:

I would have thought a simple reply would have sufficed instead instead of a point scoring reply, Paul had contributed a lot to Trucknet over the years and with the diminishing posters and postings on here I would have thought a Moderator would have replied with a bit more tact

Hi Pete,
Your 110% correct there imo.
Regards Andrew…

Hi, Just wondering if anybody had an early day Lowfield pics, when the fleet was all white, blue and Orange…Cheers TD!

Hi Tanker Driver
There are a couple of Lowfields/Sainsburys on Paul Andersons(moomooland) Northwest trucks site.

Ah Lowfield, taken over by Tibbett & Britten :unamused: They originally ran the Iceland at Swindon too.
I don’t have any pics though.

Stanfield:
Hi Tanker Driver
There are a couple of Lowfields/Sainsburys on Paul Andersons(moomooland) Northwest trucks site.

Cheers Stanfield, My Dad ‘Wally’ worked there for donkeys years, I know Paul very well, in fact hes my godfather, lol!
I’m living in New Zealand driving for BP, just after a few pics of yesteryear. I’ve seen Pauls pics, they are excellent, but I remember a few that dad had in the garage of the very early days at Lowfield and was wondering if anybody had any on this site!