Lowering pay and benefits

yes.
Just finished at 07.05
give Timesheet to sign for 5 min overtime.
:arrow_right: Sorry. We dont pay Overtime on a Sunday :bulb:

discoman:
i own a house in London, my friend doesn’t work. He rents my house and has no intentions of leaving or working as he gets DLA, so thanks to the messed up Government, who gave me a huge Right to Buy discount in a nice suburb, then allows people to claim benefits to use Tax payers money to buy my house … and give me 150 a week profit … it pays towards my house here in Sydney…

However, I think it is disgraceful!!! that tax payers buy my house for me, the rules should be changed to prevent manipulating the system legally.

If your friend cannot find work in london hes a bit of a lost cause .

If he had a flat guaranteed income he would have no choice but to seek more affordable digs up north . , where no doubt he still wouldnt find work .

But would save tax payer a fortune in paying his rent .

This at the suggested level would not be sufficient even up north rented accommodation costs a lot of money and not only this there isn’t enough suitable housing available for all the southerners anyway, plus you have things like the bedroom tax to consider, no one who is single is going to rent a flat with more than one bedroom and pay the council more money for nothing , and one bed flats are scarce demand has outstripped demand for the past decade if not longer thanks to our all are welcome border polices with the EU

Bedroom tax would go . you would have a fixed income , upto you how you spend it .

Country saves on administration .

Bedroom tax would go . you would have a fixed income , upto you how you spend it .

Country saves on administration .

boredwivdrivin:

Conor:
Its supposed to replace all benefits so JSA, housing benefit and council tax benefit at a bare minimum. I would think that £450 a week wouldn’t be far from a UK figure.

come on man :

dole :£90/fortnight
poll tax :£80/month
rent :£80/wk

=£145/ week !!

if people cant afford to live in Islington , move to hartlepool . with the savings on admin we could probably pay £200/ week and still save billions .

so long as level is set below minimum wage level (40X£7.20=£288) there is no disincentive to work .

and as someone says above , flat rate tax on earnings above minimum income level .

everyones a winner !!

best idea ive had this year

Dole is only £73 per week and you would be very lucky to privately rent a property for £80 per week, unless it’s the equivalent to a garden shed and i ain’t joking
Also there are very few 1 bedroom flats available anywhere bedsits don’t cut it they ain’t practical especially if you have a lot of belongings

They should stop the Russians and Arabs buying those houses which is causing property prices to artificially rise in that area , the richest need to become a little poorer and the poorest should become richer why should only a few have the wealth?

Isnt this making poor a little bit richer ? My suggested level (£200) may not be right , but im sure the philosophy behind it is .

BTW i rent a private large 2 bed flat for £90/week . i couldnt do that in london . but if i chose to spend my £200/wk on a chelsea bedsit and starve that would be my choice . the tax payer would not be susidising my preferences .

In theory sounds a good plan, although there will be alot of public sector workers scrapped off…

It will end up that this scheme will simply pay say a family of 4 £2k pcm all in, everyone will say ■■■■ it and jack their jobs in and we will just have a huge portion of the country living the Tenerife lifestyle, the next tier the Taunton, and the rest the ■■■■■■ one coz we will still work and be paying for the layers above…cant see many taking that for long…

On a plus, once alot of drivers start chucking it in, should open some doors for us noobs, but the wage wont match so again many will simply take the gov option…

My inner Jedi is sensing this ain’t gonna go as smoothly as its being spread…if at all.

I like lowering Pay. Gives me somethings to talk about :grimacing:

Benjie83:
In theory sounds a good plan, although there will be alot of public sector workers scrapped off…

Thats the best bit !! They are effectively parasites on the economy .

B83:
will end up that this scheme will simply pay say a family of 4 £2k pcm all in, everyone will say [zb] it and jack their jobs in

Good point , but think its got to be lower thsn 2K ! If it was £150/week ish to replace ALL benefits would be like £1200/28day for 2 adults in family .

The incentive to work would be your wages on top of this !! At flat rate !

B83:
and we will just have a huge portion of the country living the Tenerife lifestyle, the next tier the Taunton, and the rest the ■■■■■■ one coz we will still work and be paying for the layers above…cant see many taking that for long…

Erm , everyone will have same min income and same tax rate . surely good classless thing ?

And lay off da Toneton !! Dats wears i lurnz mi edicasions !! Was a great place til the market went to Beirut snd we let the london types in wiv out shootin them first !

On a plus, once alot of drivers start chucking it in, should open some doors for us noobs, but the wage wont match so again many will simply take the gov option…

My inner Jedi is sensing this ain’t gonna go as smoothly as its being spread…if at all.

Chill sister . are you in taunton wellington ? Can probs help you get a job if u got class 1 ■■ Could share my massive contact database with u .

On the other hand that would mean people would received a pay cut as the first part of your income is already paid by the government.

boredwivdrivin:

Benjie83:

Thats the best bit !! They are effectively parasites on the economy .

B83:
will end up that this scheme will simply pay say a family of 4 £2k pcm all in, everyone will say [zb] it and jack their jobs in

Good point , but think its got to be lower thsn 2K ! If it was £150/week ish to replace ALL benefits would be like £1200/28day for 2 adults in family .

The incentive to work would be your wages on top of this !! At flat rate !

B83:
and we will just have a huge portion of the country living the Tenerife lifestyle, the next tier the Taunton, and the rest the ■■■■■■ one coz we will still work and be paying for the layers above…cant see many taking that for long…

Erm , everyone will have same min income and same tax rate . surely good classless thing ?

And lay off da Toneton !! Dats wears i lurnz mi edicasions !! Was a great place til the market went to Beirut snd we let the london types in wiv out shootin them first !

Chill sister . are you in taunton wellington ? Can probs help you get a job if u got class 1 ■■ Could share my massive contact database with u .

MUCH appreciate the offer bwd, I’m just starting out on my C2 so I’ve a while yet, and sadly no I ain’t near Taunton, lovely place though I’ve been twice, and I’d go permanently in a heartbeat, live that corner of blighty.

On the point of the thread, IF they made it so each family for example had a base guarantee of say £1200 that would be a nice thing, I’d live £1200, but no way would I love it forever, I need £2k, anything over would be hugely wonderful.

I think as I say the idea is in principle a good one, but I feel it will come at the expense of those who WANT to work…

Not following u ?

Would be less of a disincentive to work that present system of dole , whereby you start to lose benefits when you start working .

The only way a “Guaranteed Income” would work is if (oddly enough) it was not means tested or tapered whatsoever.

Layabouts get £15kpa - They don’t want to work more anyway, so they have to live on that - which happens to be just enough to live on. Housing Benefit has been scrapped though, so they’ll end up moving back in with their parents… Lots of housing released for actual hard-up families with someone working…

Workers get £15k - no tapering, but pay their normal full tax and NI deductions on whatever they earn.

High earners get £15k - but since this money is fully taxable - it has already used up the tax allowance, and all their job earnings are going to be taxed as a result, some at the higher rate which needs to be put back to 50%.

People of no fixed address - don’t get paid this allowance. If you can’t find somewhere to live - move in with a friend. The payment is per working aged person after all, rather than per household - so any household with spare rooms should welcome a friend bringing an extra £15k into that household’s coffers - right?

If you ain’t got no friends, family, disabilities, medical conditions, or leave to remain - then tough. :imp: You ain’t getting paid to sleep on a park bench, then spending the whole day hanging around one of the few pubs that remain in this country. :angry:

Winseer all that faffing about with addresses etc would mean only 1 thing : civil servants to administer it !

Instead im thinking this inland revenue computer that does real time PAYE ? It just bungs the money outautomatically to legal english . no questions asked . then there would be no need to have NI at all . more civil servants shot and money saved .

Think 1 reason people get stuck homeless is because they dont have an address , so they would gain . but if they want to remain homeless and spend the money on drugs then it would clearly be their choice and would command nil sympathy .

But of course we need out of eu first , and of course we need to ban asylum stuff and of course we need to start controlling borders .

System would effectively cap housing benefit , cuts admin costs. Stop people falling thru cracks , and end this complicated working poor tax credit stuff , and pension tax relief etc etc .

There also needs to be a cap on rents, both private and socially as its one of the biggest
issues for anyone on a low income.

Again I can see that going down well…

Benjie83:
There also needs to be a cap on rents, both private and socially as its one of the biggest

So there should also be a cap on mortage payments■■?
Don’t talk rubbish,if you can’t afford the rent move to a smaller/cheaper house

Discoman, i like the fact you think its disgraceful tax payers buy your house for you…yet you chose to get a huge discount when maggie allowed us home ownership with a discount, all tax payers cash my friend…lots of people took advantage, myself included…the only problem was the local councils were not allowed to keep the cash for the ex council properties sold, which would have gone into the pot that pays for affordable homes to be built.

boredwivdrivin:
Winseer all that faffing about with addresses etc would mean only 1 thing : civil servants to administer it !

Instead im thinking this inland revenue computer that does real time PAYE ? It just bungs the money outautomatically to legal english . no questions asked . then there would be no need to have NI at all . more civil servants shot and money saved .

Think 1 reason people get stuck homeless is because they dont have an address , so they would gain . but if they want to remain homeless and spend the money on drugs then it would clearly be their choice and would command nil sympathy .

But of course we need out of eu first , and of course we need to ban asylum stuff and of course we need to start controlling borders .

System would effectively cap housing benefit , cuts admin costs. Stop people falling thru cracks , and end this complicated working poor tax credit stuff , and pension tax relief etc etc .

No, it’s easy to administer. The money is sent by bank transfer to a person who has to be of fixed address to have the bank account. Dropouts should not be entitled to anything, which of course means the “travellers” (Fuel stealing brudders) get nothing either. :angry:

xichrisxi:

Benjie83:

So there should also be a cap on mortage payments■■?
Don’t talk rubbish,if you can’t afford the rent move to a smaller/cheaper house

Where’s that then? - And where there has to be a job to go to that pays that reduced rent sought? :unamused:

two-up-two-downs cost an arm and a leg nowdays, at least around here. A minimum wage job does not even pay the most basic rent on the smallest of family “homes”. A one-bedroomed flat is priced so that you need a job paying well above minimum wage even to make THAT pay too…

A cap on mortgage payments won’t work. A better system would be to cap mortgage interest at being no more than the bank of england base rate +1% at the very outside, and no more mortgages for properties that you have no intention of living in.

Allowing people to stack mortgages where the income from rent from Property 1 is used to put towards getting mortgage 2 - is allowing landlords to have a large interest rate futures market position at the bank & taxpayer’s expense if it all goes wrong later. Who pays when someone borrows £150k six times, and then property prices halve? - It won’t be the landlord, who merely declares themselves bankrupt in such an eventuality…