low loader

m1cks:
What’s your final destination with the trucks?

The first low bridge :laughing:

m1cks:
What’s your final destination with the trucks?

If he tells you, it’ll cost about 6 pages of abuse. :wink: :laughing:

:laughing:

Why not just do right and pay for permit ?

Final destination is Bulgaria…I think that a permit will have to applied for, way in advance, and dont think it can be bought on the border. Germany is the real problem, in fact any country with a bridge limit of over 4M.
Thanks for those measurements, it looks like it is not going to be ,lowered to a sufficient height, even with the wheels off, but we will have a close look tomorrow.
Rikki, i dont know what trailer it is, but was given the deck height, and it has enough room for a unit and a 7.5 tonner rigid behind that, I dont even know if it supposed to have flashing lights or not, in fact its beginning to be a nightmare, but the alternative is to go with a tautliner, and get 2 other drivers, that scenario was put to me the other day, and i thought a low loader could save him some money on fuel and wages.

Sounds a proper quality set up. A bloke whos going to be running an international haulage operation hasnt thought of all this beforehand. Anyway im guessing if these motors are coming from blighty they are rhd. Seems a odd choice for motors that will be working in europe all the time although if i remember right north cyprus drive on the left.

Get Brit European or De Rooy to move them for you :laughing:

Brit brought the XXL to the UK from Germany

This all sounds a bit odd. I got an email from a bloke called Dennis off of iSpeed Logistics (Whoooooooooo?!) offering me a job from London to Sweden in a loaded artic tautliner, with no back load. No company details, no lorry or load details…

Bulgaria seems to be cropping up a lot lately with all this reregistering malarky… Is it dodgy or not?

Sounds like a gang f@@ k to me.

Tow it behind on a straight bar

The best advice you’ve had is to back it into the neck and drop the wheels off. I can’t see that doing that won’t give you the drop you need.

Can’t see it working on a straight bar behind a low loader trailer

Tipper Tom:
The best advice you’ve had is to back it into the neck and drop the wheels off. I can’t see that doing that won’t give you the drop you need.

Can’t see it working on a straight bar behind a low loader trailer

I wasnt been serious you cant tow on a motorway

Neither was I sorry that didn’t come across

Was just sitting behind a MAN XXL and there looked to be 100-150 mm shaved off if you take the air deflector off.
Only thing with taking front wheels off is bumper is quite low so your not going to save a massive amount there. Hopefully the trailer may have a slopeing deck where you can loose a bit of height.
Guess thats why brit european and de rooy have these very odd looking bits of trick kit thede days.

Ok i was told today that the guy who sold him the trailer, has tested an m.a.n. xxl on the trailer, and swears blind it a lot below 4M with the wheels off, so with that in mind, and a transfer of £2000 into my bank account, im gonna go with that. Now im not stupid ( i did laugh at some of the suggestions though ) so i have sleepers, on the trailer now, have a tyre company who is gonna take off the wheels, and rest it on the sleepers, ( thats down in ashford ) so once all is done, i will get the tape measure out, and if its ok, i will catch the ferry Thursday evening ( norfolk line ) if its not ok, i will be going on the ■■■■. The owner is in Cyprus ( rebuilding his house ) and will be meeting me in Bulgaria, Monday he said :laughing:

I smell bs on a scale to limey

Well lets face it, it’s only gonna go one of two ways! Personally I hope it works out well for you Truckboy in which case it’ll be a paid adventure with probably a lot of laughs thrown in, but if it all goes Pete Tong I reckon you’re man enough to post here warning others about it.

Good luck either way.

truckyboy:
Ok i was told today that the guy who sold him the trailer, has tested an m.a.n. xxl on the trailer, and swears blind it a lot below 4M with the wheels off, so with that in mind, and a transfer of £2000 into my bank account, im gonna go with that. Now im not stupid ( i did laugh at some of the suggestions though ) so i have sleepers, on the trailer now, have a tyre company who is gonna take off the wheels, and rest it on the sleepers, ( thats down in ashford ) so once all is done, i will get the tape measure out, and if its ok, i will catch the ferry Thursday evening ( norfolk line ) if its not ok, i will be going on the ■■■■. The owner is in Cyprus ( rebuilding his house ) and will be meeting me in Bulgaria, Monday he said :laughing:

Bob, good luck, but when you did a couple of runs for me you couldn’t work out how to get to and from Spain in 6 days, so Bulgaria might as well be the moon…

Plambert:

truckyboy:

Bob, good luck, but when you did a couple of runs for me you couldn’t work out how to get to and from Spain in 6 days, so Bulgaria might as well be the moon…

First off lmfao.

Secondly, he’s got a sat nav now with that 2k he’s just got.

Plambert:

truckyboy:

Get animal in as co driver i hear zimbabwe is nice this time of year.