Low Loader Work

Hi

I may have an opportunity to get some low loader experience, I’ve only ever pulled box trailers and curtain siders previously.

Has anyone here got any Low Loader experience and would care to share what’s involved :question:

Thanks

Hi MAT,

I’ve moved your question to where I think it will be seen and answered by those in the know. :wink:

I found I would think whats the best way of loading a machine, then sit back and think again cos dropping a digger over the side is a bit different to dropping a pallet of the back end, dont take any chances and frequently check the securing devices, dont forget to measure the height as well if it looks high. I would never cross over the straps back on itself when using them as in time they will get weaker as when around tyres etc. But if in any doubt ask.

Have a look at this for some advice

and this for some diaries about this sort of work.

8-wheels,
just had a look at your blogspot,some top advice on there.

drop the air on the trailer before loading/unloading.
it will stop the airbags from popping.
also remember, the axles are usually a bit further back than a conventional trailer.
very easy work though. have fun.

Just read through 8 wheels blog on securing plant etc , its superb theres all you need to know there. As regards pulling low loader trailers if anything there easier to pull than a conventional box or fridge. Less overhang front and rear, with the bogie being set further back it does pull a bit longer but youll cope with that im sure. If your moving 360s much above 13T youl be running over width , not as bad as you might think just watch out for kamikaze car drivers ! Best of luck Mat , keep us informed as to how you get along. Regards Jim.

If you need any specific advice with access equipment give me a shout…