Low bridges

Hi Gang, I gotta go to Southwark tomorrow (I ■■■■■■■ hate going to London). I’m in a 13’ 3" trailer, and will be coming from the West onto the Old Kent Road (Devon Street to be exact). Now I know from my last foray (many, many years ago) that there are more low bridges Sarf of the River than Norf of the River. My question is - can I get from Hammersmith, round the South Circular (A205) to the A21, up to the A20 (Lewisham Way) and onto the A2 without making Sally Traffic tell the world that I ■■■■■■■ a bridge?
Cheers Guys - have I mentioned I hate going to Lahndan?

The Sarge:
Hi Gang, I gotta go to Southwark tomorrow (I [zb] hate going to London). I’m in a 13’ 3" trailer, and will be coming from the West onto the Old Kent Road (Devon Street to be exact). Now I know from my last foray (many, many years ago) that there are more low bridges Sarf of the River than Norf of the River. My question is - can I get from Hammersmith, round the South Circular (A205) to the A21, up to the A20 (Lewisham Way) and onto the A2 without making Sally Traffic tell the world that I [zb] a bridge?
Cheers Guys - have I mentioned I hate going to Lahndan?

Is the truck compliant with the new Barmy Boris regime ? , christ knows about your route, someone will be along to tell you I’m sure.
Have fun

I gotta stick ad-blue in, so I guess it is :wink: If I hit the Congestion Zone he’ll be ■■■■■■ off though :unamused:

Why if your coming from the west and going via old Kent road do you then want to know from hammersmith back to a2/a20■■? Sorry bit confused :slight_smile:

Don’t quote me on it but I think you’re OK going on the ring road from Hyde Park Corner across Vauxhall Bridge and round to the Elephant it’d be quicker than the South Circ and there’s a couple of lowish bridges on that where you’ll either not get under or will make your arse twitch like a rabbit’s nose.

Check it on Google Street View if no one else comes up with anything.

Otherwise phone in sick :laughing:

From hammersmith I’d be going onto the embankment over vauxhall bridge then a202-a2…sorted guvnor :slight_smile:

truckertang:
From hammersmith I’d be going onto the embankment over vauxhall bridge then a202-a2…sorted guvnor :slight_smile:

That’ll do for me :slight_smile: And if I get stuck I’ll come looking for you :grimacing:
Thanks for that - I’m only from Cardiff - not used to the Big City :sunglasses:

Forgot to mention - 44T and 45’ trailer… still good that way?

Run along the north side of the river until Battersea Bridge, over the bridge, left at the roundabout and follow it down past Nine Elms (New Covent Garden) to Vauxhall Cross, go right and follow it down past the Oval cricket ground, past that turn left onto the A23 and follow that to the Elephant and Castle, turn right and you’re on the Old Kent Rd. That will be the quickest way. Least amount of traffic lights and you can use the bus lane past the market.

Watch out for kamikaze cyclists on your nearside! Good luck!

As been said embankment
vauxhall bridge,
vauxhall cross,
kennington lane
elephant
new kent rd
old kent rd and in.

Done & dusted :slight_smile: Thanks Guys.

:slight_smile: