Low bridges in Europe

Are there alot of low bridges also anybody recommend a good full European sat nav with full Europe and low bridges .

Anybody know what kind this is looks good so I can google it ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Inch-2in1-T … 20bf3f1525

alza1988:
Are there alot of low bridges also anybody recommend a good full European sat nav with full Europe and low bridges .

For European work there is a 4m (13’3") maximum height.
I’m not sure which came first, the just over 4m bridges or the 4m high vehicles. Anyway, most bridges have over 4m clearance. Any bridges with 4m and under clearance are fairly well signed. Bridges over 4m often don’t have signs.
France is an exception. Like us, French vehicles can be over 4m so the majority of bridges are signed. A good map of France has the height of all bridges marked.

In Poland the law says that max height of the vehicle is 4.0 but with load it can be 4.5 m. So you can for example carry something on the roof, or carry 4.0 m truck on the low loader trailer.

As for the european heights, this might come handy:
psm.pl/informacje/wymiary.html

It’s in Polish, but from the left:
Country
Height (m)
Width (m)
Lenght (m) where from the left:

• single vehicle
  • articulated vehicle
  • vehicle and trailer
    Axle weights (t)
  • single (not drive axle)
  • double
    Gross mass vehicle (t)

There also some footnotes:
a - refrigerated vehicle 2.60
b - applies to trailers or semitrailers, motor vehicle with pneumatic suspension 19,00 t
c - container transport: 42 t
d - in case of motor vehicles with 3 or more axles, in other cases lower nominal values apply
e - applies for refidgerated vehicles and to vehicles carrying load of weight more than 10 t, for other vehicles carryikng loads <10t lower nominal values apply
f - exception for motor vehicle Kraz: 2,63 m (I guess not much use for British hauliers that one :slight_smile: )
g - applies in certain categories of routes (for example international routes), elsewhere lower values might apply
h - container transport: 44 t
i - with twin tyres
j - no general limitations
k - with twin or wide tires, otherwise 9,2 t
l - for vehicles first registered on 1st Jan 1993 and after
m - applies to trailers and semi-trailers, motor vehicle with pneumatic suspension: 18t
n - in case of 3- or more axle trailers. In other cases lower nominal values might apply
o - for the container and livestock transport 4,30 m
p - for the vehicles first registered after mid 1985 r.
q - depends of the distance between axles

I think that answers all question, actually maybe it’s worth to make it a sticky?