Low bridges for Android/Google Maps

Thought this might be useful for those who use google maps on a smartphone. Click on the link below from your mobile and it should add all of the UK’s low bridges to your standard google maps app on your phone. You can then switch the additional info on and off under the settings.

google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe … 1pF0&hl=en

Apologies if this is a well known addition to the google maps app and it’s already been posted, I’ve just found it and thought it’s worth sharing :smiley:

Doesn’t want to add anything to my app on iPhone?

Is there something I should be clicking extra? I’ll check again when home and more time to see how to add this to app, would be very useful

Wonderful piece of information, good luck to the creator!

dcgpx - I simply googled low bridge map (searching for a Phillips map book) and google was the first to appear, when I clicked on the link it opened up my maps app and added them as per the picture.

I suppose the only thing different is that I’m on a Samsung / Android and not an iPhone.

Fingers crossed it works for you :slight_smile:

666D4m13n:
dcgpx - I simply googled low bridge map (searching for a Phillips map book) and google was the first to appear, when I clicked on the link it opened up my maps app and added them as per the picture.

I suppose the only thing different is that I’m on a Samsung / Android and not an iPhone.

Android gives you the option to open the link with a certain app i.e maps or chrome etc. Does apple allow the same thing?

666D4m13n:

666D4m13n:

Android gives you the option to open the link with a certain app i.e maps or chrome etc. Does apple allow the same thing?

I can’t get it to

That’s pretty handy to have - however I guess it uses the data from the Phillips bridge maps. cos it contains at least one error from that source (Inveramsay Bridge near Inverurie on the A96, listed incorrectly as 15’3, it’s 14’6 in real life.

666D4m13n:

666D4m13n:

When apple and google maps parted company and apple developed “maps” any sharing between them on iphones seemed to go. Its murder even usig it fully through browser at times.

Great feature though.

Okay H4L, thanks for the explanation.

This works for Android only :slight_smile: sorry apple users!!