Low bridge kirmanshulme lane manchester

coming up stockport rd A6 there is a sign saying 14 ft 6inches if you turn right onto Kirmanshulme lane A6010 the sign just before the bridge says 14ft 3 inches, Anyone know which one it should be?

I’d go by sign on the bridge just to be sure.

A - Its lower of the two.

B - Its signed on the bridge so the first question should you hit it would be why did you ignore the sign.

One on bridge says 14 3 I’d go.off that.
I drive under there a lot
Admitedly.in.a car.but never noticed before.

Maybe they relaid the road once added 3inc of tarmac?

Like the A3400 between Henley and Stratford. Stratford end and the bridge say’s 14’3" but leaving Henley is say’s 14’5".

I was leaving Henley to go to Stratford and decided as I was not in a rush (And a ■■■■■) to go the Reddich and Alcester diversion.

toonsy:

B - Its signed on the bridge so the first question should you hit it would be why did you ignore the sign.

I agree, but what happens when someone turns in from one of the aproach roads in an artic, its always MAD busy there they would struggle to get out, the approach from the opposite side also says 14’6 if you was turning left sign can be seen here google.co.uk/maps/@53.45976 … 312!8i6656

Who is responsible for the signs

shullbit:

toonsy:

I agree, but what happens when someone turns in from one of the aproach roads in an artic, its always MAD busy there they would struggle to get out, the approach from the opposite side also says 14’6 if you was turning left sign can be seen here google.co.uk/maps/@53.45976 … 312!8i6656

Who is responsible for the signs

There’s a sign as you turn left which says 14ft 3in and you could just about escape it from the left filter but yeah it’s not ideal.

If you get caught out and can’t back up then stop, call the police. At least then you can say the signage is crap etc etc and ultimately regardless of who is responsible for the signs if anyone hits it it will be them responsible.

shullbit:
coming up stockport rd A6 there is a sign saying 14 ft 6inches if you turn right onto Kirmanshulme lane A6010 the sign just before the bridge says 14ft 3 inches, Anyone know which one it should be?

I deliver to the Asda Longsight store next to that bridge running at 14ft 3in but will not run under it myself. If I need to get to the A57 on the other side of the bridge I run up the A6 to the A665 (McDonalds on the corner) and turn right there to the A57 and turn right again. That area can be a busy little road at times should you need to reverse back.

edd1974:
One on bridge says 14 3 I’d go.off that.
I drive under there a lot
Admitedly.in.a car.but never noticed before.

Maybe they relaid the road once added 3inc of tarmac?

judging by the state of it under there it hasn’t been resurfaced this century awful state there was a lowloader with roofing joists hit it couple of weeks ago his load ended up mainly on the pavement luckily Avoid plenty of easy ways around it