Love's in Bordentown NJ

I stopped at the damm Love’s truckstop for fuel and a shower on tuesday, mainly because our company has a new refuling policy with them and Pilot stops, which by the way are equally rubbish stops.
I waited 20 minutes to get to a pump, then once filled up the ■■■■■■ in front still hadn’t moved so I couldn’t pull forward, I went inside to get my reciept and use transflow. The bloke in front at the register asked for the reciept for pump 20 ? … that was my pump.
“Is that you holding me up on the pump then ?” I asked.
“Am I in your way, sorry” he said, then walked in the the damm meals area to eat :angry: It was 15 minutes before he came out and stuck his thumb up to which he recieved some colourfull language from me. I pulled off the pump so the poor guy behind could then fuel, parked and went in for a shower …
I waited 1 hour for a shower with only 4 others in line, they have 10 showers.
“Nobody wants to clean the showers out” said the manager.
“maybe if you paid them a decent wage they would be more keen” I said, “When this was a Pilot is was bad, but Loves have taken a bad truckstop and made it worse” I phoned head office and sugested they add Petro and TA back on the refuling list and was told there is no need now that Pilot own Flying J because the amount of allowed fuel stops is far greater, the fact that there are no Flying J truck stops in new england has no effect on the policy.

I’ll come out there & sort it out, Pat. Give me your boss’s name & I will have a face to face Rooney style & you’ll end up with a new motor & £230K a week & me on 20% .Every trucker needs a Rooney agent. :laughing:
PS; How do I get to New England?

Pilot and Loves are terrible for that, fuel island parking is usually committed by our friends from Russia in their Volvos, I WD40 their windows when they hold me up like that, the ■■■■■ :imp:

Pat Hasler:
I stopped at the damm Love’s truckstop for fuel and a shower on tuesday, mainly because our company has a new refuling policy with them and Pilot stops, which by the way are equally rubbish stops.
I waited 20 minutes to get to a pump, then once filled up the ■■■■■■ in front still hadn’t moved so I couldn’t pull forward, I went inside to get my reciept and use transflow. The bloke in front at the register asked for the reciept for pump 20 ? … that was my pump.
“Is that you holding me up on the pump then ?” I asked.
“Am I in your way, sorry” he said, then walked in the the damm meals area to eat :angry: It was 15 minutes before he came out and stuck his thumb up to which he recieved some colourfull language from me. I pulled off the pump so the poor guy behind could then fuel, parked and went in for a shower …
I waited 1 hour for a shower with only 4 others in line, they have 10 showers.
“Nobody wants to clean the showers out” said the manager.
“maybe if you paid them a decent wage they would be more keen” I said, “When this was a Pilot is was bad, but Loves have taken a bad truckstop and made it worse” I phoned head office and sugested they add Petro and TA back on the refuling list and was told there is no need now that Pilot own Flying J because the amount of allowed fuel stops is far greater, the fact that there are no Flying J truck stops in new england has no effect on the policy.

Ah yes, truckstops, fuel pumps, waiting for a shower and the playfull banter with fellow truckers, how i miss being a big rig roady like you guys :frowning: No, wait a minute, i don’t :astonished:
Just love my little local job :wink: :smiley:
Charles

Yes Charles … but you drive for Walmart so you are spoiled rotten.

If he drives for Walmart, is he a Walmartian? :laughing: :laughing:

I am sure we have all seen the pics of them…

bobthedog:

Ha Ha, but no my friend, i’m a ‘Wally’ driver :sunglasses:
I haven’t been through Bordentown in years but there was a TA truckstop there and i seem to think it became a Petro :question: Loves were all over the place in the mid south, glorified gas stations like Pilots.
It’s a hurry up and get there soon as you can world nowadays, eat while you drive, well i say bring back the old greasy spoon diners :smiley: :smiley:

Charles

remy:

bobthedog:

Ha Ha, but no my friend, i’m a ‘Wally’ driver :sunglasses:
I haven’t been through Bordentown in years but there was a TA truckstop there and i seem to think it became a Petro :question: Loves were all over the place in the mid south, glorified gas stations like Pilots.
It’s a hurry up and get there soon as you can world nowadays, eat while you drive, well i say bring back the old greasy spoon diners :smiley: :smiley:

Charles

It’s now a Petro which is owned by TA. The system gets confusing :question:
The Flying J at Newark DE is now owned by Pilot who bought out the whole chain, it has a Flying J sign, Pilot fuel pumps and the diner is totaly Petro :laughing:

Now all the Js have Dennys, they charge for refills, the internet can’t be paid for other than with a card… Not impressed.