LOVE OR HATE

I like it,its easy,no day is the same,get out and about .the only thing is I miss being at home with the kids.
But it pays the bills (just about)and being away all week,I get on with the missus a lot better. :wink:

i love it, i bore my friends to death waffling about my job, and actually volunteer for jobs so i can keep moving!! i dont think i would want to do anything else, although ask me in 30 years it maybe a different story!!

Don’t love it, don’t hate it.

It is what it is. If your in the right place its a pretty easy stress free job where your left to your own devices and t he pay ain’t bad.

Been driving for over 10 years now starting off on vans and 7.5 tonners and to be honest driving really bores me to tears most of the time these days. Well depends a nice run up the West Highlands is different or some interesting new place to go to. But considering i know every pothole on the M6 it does get pretty dull.

May sound insane but when the weather turns to crap like heavy snow or bad conditions i love it, makes things more interesting. Love driving in the snow. That may sound insane since makes the job a hell of a lot more dangerous.

Biggest problem with the job is the unsociable hours, they do my head in. Espec in the summer when your stuck on a endless motorway and your mates are out sitting in a beer garden or out playing footie or somthing. Used to do tramping loved it for awhile away Sunday night back Friday or Saturday but in the end got cabin fever and sick of living in space that would be to small to house a convicted crimanal.

I like the driving but hate the grive you can get some times from customers, boss etc :frowning:

i enjoy fixing them…that’s my main line of work…i’ve been working for myself for 4years.
i don’t mind towing them but it’s a big responsibility…and it’s hard work in heavy traffic.
:smiley:

Love it!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Specially like doing what I do now, everyday is different. :sunglasses:

No 2 loads are the same so its not mind numbing like doing supermarket deliveries :wink:

Get to go all over the country, so I am told Europe beckons soon too, so even better :laughing: :laughing:

As others have said the only thing I hate are the idiots that surround me on the roads, who dont realise that a sign which reads wide load, don’t mean I am talking bout my mrs, its the stuff on the back of my wagon! So MOVE OVER!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Best job i;ve ever had :sunglasses: and the money is not too bad

And i love driving the Artics :wink:

Anyone ever turn an Artic around in Sainsbury’s Wandsworth real tight in that yard :sunglasses:

Absolutely Love It :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Finally landed a plum job moving LED screens about to race meetings,festivals etc…put up in hotels and all expenses paid etc

If this job does end though i’ll be back tramping about and enjoying myself…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dessy:
Anyone ever turn an Artic around in Sainsbury’s Wandsworth real tight in that yard :sunglasses:

Anyone ever really pointlessly stretch the suzies and cake them in grease from the leading egde of the trailer By showboating and putting stress on the lines and scrubbing the tyres In sainsbury wandsworth.
:wink:

As for the job , Indifferent.

Started off loving it then went off the idea and came off the road for two years.
…then went back and loved it all over again. :laughing: :laughing:

after 35 years i still enjoy my job but we all have our off days,i do not like the silly wtd can not see point of it and i do not like nit picking of some of thehours reg.s eg you must have 30 minutes for the second part of your 45 mins and things like that cant see point