Lost Tachograph Card

Anyone lost their tachograph card before■■?
Lost my wallet in a drunken NYE stupor lastnight and my tachograph card was in it.
Due back to work on Tuesday, how do I approach this??

just write one out with an explanation on the back. (got ■■■■■■■ lost card).
you have then kept a written record, which is all you are legally required to do.

Kick anyone who asks to see it!!! ■■■■■■ yesterday… Had a sense of invincibility. :blush:

The_Jammer:
Anyone lost their tachograph card before■■?
Lost my wallet in a drunken NYE stupor lastnight and my tachograph card was in it.
Due back to work on Tuesday, how do I approach this??

A: If you lose your card or it is stolen you will need to telephone DVLA and request a replacement card. You must apply within seven calendar days for a replacement. You may continue to drive for a maximum of fifteen calendar days. Your new card will be issued by DVLA to your nearest DVLA local office or VOSA Testing Stations. When you collect it you will need to take along proof of identity.
Q:

Drivers and digital tachographs
Replacing lost, stolen or faulty driver smart cards
Your digital tachograph smart card is valid for five years. However, if it is lost, stolen or stops working, you must have a new card issued for the rest of the five-year period.

If your card is lost or stolen, you must report it to Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA). You will need to phone the DVLA Tachograph Smart Card Helpline on Tel 0300 790 6109 to request the replacement card and pay a £19 fee by credit or debit card.

Alternatively, you can complete an application form and send it with the relevant fee to:

DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1AZ

You will need to apply for the replacement within seven calendar days.

Faulty cards
If your card is faulty you will need to return it with a completed application form to DVLA who will issue a new card. You will need to apply within seven calendar days for a replacement.

Where possible try the card in a different vehicle unit (VU) to doublecheck that the card is faulty.

If you do not return the faulty card, the DVLA will have to treat the card as lost or stolen and charge the relevant fee.

You can drive without the lost, stolen or damaged card for a maximum of 15 calendar days. You can drive for longer in order for the vehicle to return to its premises provided you produce two printouts - one for the beginning of the journey and one for the end.

Picking up your new card
You can ask the DVLA to issue your new card to either your nearest local DVLA office or VOSA testing station, where you will need to collect it in person and sign a declaration.

You will need to produce two forms of identity, such as:

your full valid passport
your birth certificate
your certificate of registry of birth
your adoption certificate
your ID card issued by a member of the EC/EEA
your certificate of naturalisation or registration
your driving licence
a utilities bill or bank statement
The clerk will need proof of your identity before opening the envelope and asking you to sign the declaration that you have received your card.

Hope this helps regards adam

Whats a calender day? :confused:

Brilliant mate thankyou!! Prob not open till tuesday anyway, but at least I can drive.

Dunno then?:

includes sat and sun i think ? not 15 working days

Big ■■■■:

Dunno then?:

includes sat and sun i think ? not 15 working days

Ta. :smiley:

Whenever I go out, which isn’t often, I empty my wallet of things I may have to pay to get back ie license and digi as I have an fear of losing it and then having to fork out a shed load of money to get them replaced. It’s a bit of a ball ache admittedly but knowing how much of a liability I can be it’s easier and cheaper to do that way!!

Just remember the printouts at the start and end of the shift, use the mode switch as normal during the shift and sign each printout and add either your driving lice3nce number or digi card number, if you have an old printout your digi card number will be on that.