Lost my digicard

broke down yesterday and left my card in the truck. I’m working an analogue tacho tonight for Argos but what happens if it’s not in truck what do I do about work and how fast for a new one. Your help is appreciated.

uve 15 days to get a newone

actually thinking now its u can drive for 15 days

get an application form and get it away soon as is my thinking

Alright mate.
You can work upto 15 days without a digi card if it is lost or stolen. The same if it faulty.
You will have to phone DVLA up and report it and then request a replacement card. It will cost you £19 and can be done over the phone. The number is 0870 850 1074.
My card went faulty so I had to fill in a form and return the card with it.
A bit different to losing it.
Luckily for me,the place I was working at had a few forms otherwise it’s get one by phoning DVLA or post office.
I got my replacement within 6 days but would of took longer if I had to get DVLA to send a form out to me.
You will have to do a print out at the start of the shift and sign the back of it and also at the end of the shift.
I was told to hand the printouts in at the end of 28 days.

Thanks for the quick replies. I diverted on the way back last night to the deopt i thought it was recovered to and i did indeed see truck in yard but the garage was shut. :cry:
I rang them up just now and they found it just have to do a 126 mile round trip to pick it up :open_mouth:

Be careful mate you’re not supposed to drive without the card and could possibly get parked up if you get stopped, I’d get it back as soon as possible if I were you.

To save any confusion, you can’t legally drive without the card unless it’s lost or stolen and then you get 15 days grace :wink:

Good luck.

cant they just post it

tachograph:
Be careful mate you’re not supposed to drive without the card and could possibly get parked up if you get stopped, I’d get it back as soon as possible if I were you.

To save any confusion, you can’t legally drive without the card unless it’s lost or stolen and then you get 15 days grace :wink:

Good luck.

And you have the reference number to show it’s been reported as lost , stolen, defective.

what about all the data on it? can he drive without that?

mataos32:
what about all the data on it? can he drive without that?

:confused:

I’m obviously missing something here :smiley:

He can’t drive with the card and without the data on it unless the card is faulty, nor can he drive without the card and with the data on it :wink:

If the card is known to be faulty the same rules apply as if it was lost or stolen.

I’ve not had a digi card so excuse my ignorance -

If card lost etc, does the driver have to record (as best as they can) manually on something like a tachodisc what was on the digi card :question:

Is the info that was on the card also in the digi unit(s) that they have driven :question:

I don’t know what the cost of digi card replacement is but I’m thinking that a driver who has perhaps done a few serious naughties over say the past two weeks might be better off ‘losing’ the card if the info is permanently lost compared to getting a possible large fine or worse from the authorities :wink: :wink: :wink:

ROG:
I’ve not had a digi card so excuse my ignorance -

If card lost etc, does the driver have to record (as best as they can) manually on something like a tachodisc what was on the digi card :question:

Is the info that was on the card also in the digi unit(s) that they have driven :question:

I don’t know what the cost of digi card replacement is but I’m thinking that a driver who has perhaps done a few serious naughties over say the past two weeks might be better off ‘losing’ the card if the info is permanently lost compared to getting a possible large fine or worse from the authorities :wink: :wink: :wink:

hi Rog

your first question

yes he/she takes a print out at the beginning of shift and end of shift but only has 15 days

two

yes the head unit stores the data for about a year

if the card is lost you have to report it ASAP once you have reported it and go a reference number you have 15 days from date you lost it.

faulty ones are replaced for free

as a driver you should not be doing anything wrong to warrant you losing your card delibratly and if you do a mistake all you have to do is take a print out and right on back what you did that should be enough to cover you as long as you don’t keep doing said infringement

My card gave up the ghost 3 weeks ago.
I had to fill in a form and send the card back with it.
It was free of charge due to it being faulty.
I sent it off on a Monday and got the new one on the Saturday.
In the meantime I had to do 2 printouts.
One at the begining of the shift and sign it and one at the end of the shift and sign it.
I have been told to give in the printouts in 28 days of the the date on them just like a card tacho.

If after the 15 days your new requested card does not arrive ,Call DVLA and inform them and they will allow additional time just get an e-mail from them to confirm this and carry at all times. I had to as they had a problem with the printers for the cards.