Lost licence

Came home today to find letter from dvla informing me that due to high blood pressure my licence has been revoked from today.

I know I can get it back once I have had three good tests and doctor signs form.

What I would like to know is do I lose my C1 entitlement as well.I passed my car test in 1975 and according to my licence the C1 entitlement is valid it I am 65.

I would like a definitive answer with links to confirm.

Thank for any help anyone can give me

When I had a similar letter I rang them to ask for exact information.
I was entitled only to drive a car and nothing else while I was waiting to do tests and had I failed if of lost it all.
But I didn’t so I got it all back.

You should be left with B and B+E only until deemed medically fit to drive any C or D categories

Makes sense when thought through because C includes C1 so it would be silly to take away the C1 which you get with C and yet leave you with the pre 1997 C1

I used to know a ‘Wiggy’ who drove for Swifts out of Boston, was it you ? Are you still raving mad ?

No not that wiggly.

To. Ollie how long did I it take to get your licence back?

wiggy:
No not that wiggly.

To. Ollie how long did I it take to get your licence back?

15 weeks off work 18 to get license back. I had to prove I’m not an alcoholic by a couple of blood tests which I passed with flying colours but the medical department at the DVLA are a faceless organisation that drag their heels with ■■■■ all thought of us not being able to work. I applied for over 100 jobs doing all sorts and didn’t get one thank you but no thank you :unamused:
To say I hate them wouldn’t do my opinion justice, I had no warning I was about to be banned and had still be driving whilst banned because the thick pricks sent a letter banning me on the date the letter was sent!
I was allowed to drive when they reinstated my entitlement online and I could prove my class 1 was genuine but I only have a 12 month license now so I’ve got it all to go through all over again.
We as a family are still suffering from the whole thing financially and for me mentally.
If someone dropped a bomb on the place I’d genuinely dance with joy, ■■■■■■■■■

How did they know you had high blood pressure.
Did you have a medical for some reason ie licence renewal,IF you did why did your Doctor not give you tablets to bring your pressure under control,or did you get one of these cheap medicals that are banded about.
I had high blood pressure whilst driving lgv and still do but bring it under control by medication,I never had my licence revoked.
Two of my old work colleagues had their licences revoked for blood pressure but it it was associated with a heart problem diagnosed after a cardiograph,they had to go through tests but eventually got their licences back.

There’s no reason you can’t do the job with high blood pressure as long as it’s medicated and under control. I take two tablets every day now having reduced from three because I lost weight, a lot of the time bad diet and being overweight are the cause so changing this can help.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I have been on medication for over a year during the medical the doctor increased the dose but it was too late to change the readings.

Does anyone have any idea how long it may take to get three good readings so I can reapply for my licence?

And how long dvla take(I know they,re not the fastest)

I would of thought you need to have three good readings within a given timescale which surely they must of told you to say you need them, the medication can take time to work as there are so many variations and it depends how quickly your GP finds the one that suits you.