Lost digi card what to do

bit new to all this digi stuff so bit of stupied question

lost my digi card , well i no where it is but cant get hold of it and need to do a run tonight.

is there anyway that i can still drive it without my card on me , sure i read somewhere about someone just doing a print out and that was legal

any help on this would be much apreciated otherwise means having to move all these pallets onto a ■■■■■■ rigid

thanks

if the truck is fitted with digi tacho u cant drive it …

You have 7 days to report the card lost. You can continue to drive for up to 15 days by taking a print out at the start and end of each shift. You should sign and enter your digi card or licence number onto each printout along with any manual entries required.

That will cover you for tonight’s shift and you can report your card lost tomorrow, unless of course you are lucky enough to find it before you have a chance to report it. :wink: If you are that lucky just write a short explanation on the back of the printouts from tonight’s shift. Sorted.

Coffeeholic:
You have 7 days to report the card lost. You can continue to drive for up to 15 days by taking a print out at the start and end of each shift. You should sign and enter your digi card or licence number onto each printout along with any manual entries required.

That will cover you for tonight’s shift and you can report your card lost tomorrow, unless of course you are lucky enough to find it before you have a chance to report it. :wink: If you are that lucky just write a short explanation on the back of the printouts from tonight’s shift. Sorted.

oh well that would be much better :smiley: could of sworn i left it in other truck in my bag this afternoon if dont turn up tommorow will have to report it stolen :unamused:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Lgv Instructor Employed
Fork Lift Instructor / Examiner Employed
Plant Machinary / Examiner Employed
Hiab Instructor / Examiner Employed
Safed Instructor Employed

I see that teaching tacho courses is not included :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Lgv Instructor Employed

Meow put those claws away ROG :wink: :laughing:

garnerlives:

ROG:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Lgv Instructor Employed

Meow put those claws away ROG :wink: :laughing:

Was meant tongue-in-cheek :slight_smile: and I’ve dropped more clangers on this subject than most :laughing: :blush:

Check this site:
tachographtraining.com/DigitalTachographFAQ.aspx

I obtained a Drivers Card when they first came out although I was not sure when I would use it first,as the firn I drive for replaced the fleet with the last of the analogue tacho vehicles to put off the digital for a bit.
Now the fleet is being replaced and for the last 12 months digi tachos are coming in.With driving through an agency,I have a different truck every time I go out,maybe a digital or analogue,no knowing until I turn up for work.In the last 6 months I have used my digi card maybe 10 times.
On a couple of occasions when I entered the card,the warning came up on the tacho display,“Card fault,code 41”.When I pressed the “Eject” button,I got the message,“Not possible to eject”!.Panic!
I tried pressing the “OK” button and the “Eject” button a couple of times,then for some reason the card loaded OK.
Thinking perhaps this fault can only get worse,I rang the DVLA help line and was asked if I had tried the card in another vehicle,just to check it’s not one particular tacho that’s faulty,I said no,the fault was intermittent and not restricted to any vehicle.
I was then told I would be sent a form for a malfunctioning card,to fill in and return with my digi card,and it would be replaced.
When I queried returning the card,as I was under the impression that you had to collect your new card from a VOSA test station at the same time as surrendering your existing card.(As my son had to do when he had a new card after changing his address).
I was told that for the purpose of changing a faulty card,it had to be returned and a new one sent out,this means I may have to drive a digi tach truck without a card for a short while.
If you have had a proper digi tacho course,you will know how to operate a digi tacho without a card!

bestbooties:
On a couple of occasions when I entered the card,the warning came up on the tacho display,“Card fault,code 41”.

Communication Error. I used to get this several times a day when I was driving a DAF, just about every time I started the engine. It was some power problem with the vehicle rather than the card. Never had the problem since switching to a Volvo.
As far as problems ejecting the card go, and this may be pointing out the obvious, but you did have the ignition on? I’ve helped several agency drivers in our yard over the last couple of years who have been having problems ejecting their card and and on every occasion they had the ignition off.

Coffeeholic:

bestbooties:
On a couple of occasions when I entered the card,the warning came up on the tacho display,“Card fault,code 41”.

Communication Error. I used to get this several times a day when I was driving a DAF, just about every time I started the engine. It was some power problem with the vehicle rather than the card. Never had the problem since switching to a Volvo.
As far as problems ejecting the card go, and this may be pointing out the obvious, but you did have the ignition on? I’ve helped several agency drivers in our yard over the last couple of years who have been having problems ejecting their card and and on every occasion they had the ignition off.

Yes the ignition was on,when the message comes up on the tacho display,“Unable to eject card”,that to me is another unwanted card problem.

So, did your card turn up today to save you the trouble of reporting it? :wink:

Coffeeholic:

bestbooties:

unless my memorys playing games, on a stoneridge you can eject the card with the ignition off,reason i say that is as we hit bay, chill lads want keys straight away , and im still able to eject card, siemens cant remember

Coffeeholic:
So, did your card turn up today to save you the trouble of reporting it? :wink:

sure did had left it in another truck as had to go out rescue someone who was out of time :unamused:

ady1:

Coffeeholic:

bestbooties:

unless my memorys playing games, on a stoneridge you can eject the card with the ignition off,reason i say that is as we hit bay, chill lads want keys straight away , and im still able to eject card, siemens cant remember

some Digi head unites are ADR spec and for this it allows you to eject with ignition off for fire reasons

our Daf’s will eject with ignition off… as for the card not being thrown out i had that a few times in the past turn off iggy wait 5-10 mins turn iggy on and press eject and out it pops …the card that is :unamused: