Lost car drivers in the HGV parking

We have seen the fools,lost,looking confused,as they can not read the big dirty lorry park signage in the motorway service areas,they go around the wrong way,maybe we should go in their spot too.
Strangely enough it was only Brit car drivers on holiday in France that were doing the same,working out the fuel grades on the fuel pumps,reversing against in-coming traffic,the cashiers swearing and gesticulating.

toby1234abc:
We have seen the fools…

Be nice to the little darlings. They can’t help it.

Even worse in holiday periods,does make you wonder if they are safe to be on the road,little darlings.

On the flip side there’s some ■■■ who’s taken his Winnebago into the car park at Woodall. I’m half hour into my break and he’s still trying to extricate it. And there’s no riding the kerbs in that car park!

DaiDap:
On the flip side there’s some ■■■ who’s taken his Winnebago into the car park at Woodall. I’m half hour into my break and he’s still trying to extricate it. And there’s no riding the kerbs in that car park!

I remember last summer at Birch Services, must have been a caravan jamboree or something. Virtually every space full of some sort of caravan trash and nowhere for us hard working truckers who HAVE to stop to park and take our break. I laughed my b******* off when 4 guys parked all around a couple of them and when they wanted to leave with the rest, they were told they would have to wait for an hour because they could not legally move!

The boys in blue arrived and agreed with the truckers - the caravanners were not impressed and threatened to report them to their superiors upon which the police kindly offered to check their vehicles over for them - needless to say is they decided to wait! Quality! :smiley:

I do get a bit annoyed with coaches parking in the HGV areas, more so when the passengers are monging their way around the area too! I find pulling into the closest bay to them helps them move off quickly…seeing the toxic placards doesnt seem to make them feel too comfortable!

Slightly off topic but we were re-surfacing a road that was closed to traffic when one of our ethnic brothers in a taxi came through the cones and parked up whilst the machine was laying as if nothing happened, they layed right up to his back bumper and I backed my wagon to his front,
“brake time I’m afraid, no point laying any more till other wagons here” ha ha an hour later

Once saw a car and caravan come into Sandbach services and try to park in the car park…OK so far…although at the time the car park had a low barrier to deter trucks…did make quite a mess of the caravan when he hit it at about 30mph :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . His wife wasnt best pleased either judging by the finger wagging she was giving him :smiley:

Only this sat as i came into watford gap nth bnd, a car came out the car park cut me up and caused me to break, fair do so i thought, only then the twonk started dawdling as i pulled into the 1st parking space so did he then he stopped :open_mouth: He’d just came out of the car park, so i gave a quick tinkle on the old hidden hadley’s :smiling_imp: only for him then to jump out his skin and go and park horizontally infront of an irish lorry :open_mouth: , i was only stopping for a quick chocolate break as ya do, but i thought " i have gotta see this " :laughing: . Was just paying in the garage when i heard the biggest train horn parp of all :smiley: . It did make me laugh :smiley: .

andi_cardiff:
I do get a bit annoyed with coaches parking in the HGV areas, more so when the passengers are monging their way around the area too! I find pulling into the closest bay to them helps them move off quickly…seeing the toxic placards doesnt seem to make them feel too comfortable!

Heh heh heh… ! I do the same just after i’ve tipped on a smelly farm, and the caravanners are sat on the steps having a picnic :grimacing:

Last summer, in Collompton services (those that know it will know its a bit wanting for space), there were two motorhomes parked in the lorry bays closest to the buildings. I don’t nomrally have aproblem with this if the caravan bays are full, which they weren’t, except that they weren’t actually IN the bay, but just had there nose ends in the entrance to the bay. It wasn’t like they were sharing the rest of the bay with anyone, they were completely empty apart from them.

They were rather red faced at having to leave their meals to go and move them OUT of the lorry park to where they should be after I’d had a grumble about it. One of them however demonstrated why he hadn’t used the full bay. He couldn’t reverse it in a straight line let alone manouvere at an angle to get out of the lorry park.

Have a break at wetherby and watch the constant stream of car-drivers enter the truck-park, despite it being signed ‘HGV Only’. Tossers! :unamused: :unamused:

I have seen them do that in Wetherby,you would think that a big pile trucks parked would be the clue to where they should be parked,they drive past with that confused look on their faces,yes totaly thick as planks.