Lost a Mate This week - Very sad time

Everybody has a Mentor, someone who helped them along from a young age. For me, I was 21 and sent down the road in the real deal, a 3 series Scania, 5 nights a week down the road and all corners of the UK. I had been in a haulage environment all my life but its still daunting.

One bloke, one of GSL subbies took me under his wing and helped me along. Arthur drove as a Gwynedd Shipping subbie for Roland Young Conwy for years and then back on the tippers. Not many Quarries in the UK would not have met Arthur at one point! Never without a ■■■ in the day and NEVER without a pint at night, and ABSOULTELY NEVER without his Cap!!!

He was an ace with directions, and even better with pointing me in the direction of safe parking and more importantly a boozer and takeaway down the road. He was only 50 and the Big C grabbed him early, never fair eh, takes the good ones early!

Doubt u guys on here will know him but felt i should give him some sort of send off, even if it is just a quick mention on here!!!

Rest in Peace Driver!!!

sorry to hear about your lost gaz, my condolences to his family and you…pete

You have my sympathy Gaz, Arthur sounds like a good man.
I understand what you’re going through, I lost a colleague and a friend last month at the age of 42, and it’s a major struggle to deal with this loss.

Remember your friend with fondness, and that he is with you, every day.

God bless.

Kate

I am going to lift a glass to Arthur tonight,its guys like him in all walks of life that help us when starting out and give us the conviction to carry on and make us stronger in what we do.

You will miss him but you will never forget him

RIP Arthur

Cheers for the replies guys, means a lot to me! Was very funny at the Funeral, first two rows were family, the rest of the chapel was FULL of big hard truckers in tears!! Nothing funnier than a load of drivers being forced into suits! I know Funny isn’t the right word but you know what i mean! So moving, i’m 30 years old and not a softy but i cried!

RIP Arthur

always remember the good times Gaz

RIP Arthur , GAZ GOOD Friends may go ,
however they are never forgotten,

Sorry for your loss , Arthur sounds like a stand up kind of guy , the kind of guy I would have liked to have met when I first ventured up the road.

Sounds like a great guy.
Maybe the fact that so many who came in contact with him were prepared to get into suits should be considered a great tribute.

Good post Gaz, even if its a sad one. There are them guys about who seem to help and give everyone advice and never seem to get much recognition for it.
RIP your mate Arthur.

GOD BLESS BROTHER

pity there aren’t a few more ‘Arthurs’ around.
Rest In Peace mate

RIP ARF

sorry too hear of your loss mate.

It would seem that Arthur has turned the last page of his A2Z,and the fact that so many hairy arsed truckers turned up to see him off,is a fitting tribute to the man. :cry:

RIP Arthur.

Ken.

thats a sad post there alrite, its sad to hear of a loss , especially a do gooder, we are all born to die, but unfortunately some go before others, RIP there boss.

Keep ye chin up Gaz

rest in piece arthur… not too many arthurs left.

Sad time.
Its always the good ones that go to soon.

Tonyb

RIP true it is the good ones that go early and the lazy dossers that do ■■■■ all some how live longer one of lives mant wonders

Lost my mum to cancer at the age of 52, your right the good die young!!
R.I.P

RIP Arthur :cry:
He sounds like a real standup guy, wish I’d met him.

Sorry about your loss, your pain will ease with time. Think about the good times you both had.