Lorry Well Stuck

Unfortunately this lorry left the road near us today & ended up in the mud. Rumour has it that it went off at about 1pm just as tide was covering road & driver tried to push through to avoid being stranded on the island for an hour or so. Seems he lost sight of the road with the consequences you can see. I doubt it was blown off with the wind as wind had eased by lunchtime - and it was fully loaded with timber. I suppose he could have moved over to make room for oncoming but the trailer seems quite in the middle of the road.
There’s 2 wreckers on the scene as I write [I was stuck for 2 hours while they tried & failed to pull it out]. At least they had the decency to uncouple the winch etc & move out the way so the traffic could get past. They seemed to be faffing about a bit to me.
Do you think the artic driver will be sacked & how much is that recovery going to cost do you think? If they dont get it out by 2am the next high tide will inundate the engine. I’ve got a few more photos I’ll post.

Stuck1.JPG

Suprised the disco didn’t hook up and just pull it backwards.

I dunno. They’ve got another wrecker like the one you can see at the front at the back on a straight pull with a winch sheaved down 2 or 3 times & it doesn’t move?

109LWB:

Jest ye not!

youtube.com/watch?v=hTOkmCpLZ1k

GasGas:

109LWB:

Jest ye not!

And it only cost him a clutch. :stuck_out_tongue:
That being said I had a tank of a bmw bike that could pull anything. Thing had an insane amount of torque.

GasGas:

109LWB:

Jest ye not!

I wasn’t jesting! I own two discoveries, I know how good they are :wink: :sunglasses:

Muntjac Hater:
I dunno. They’ve got another wrecker like the one you can see at the front at the back on a straight pull with a winch sheaved down 2 or 3 times & it doesn’t move?

That is probably a more difficult pull than it looks.

Ideally probably needs to be unloaded to get the weight off the nearside unit axles and first trailer axle.

GasGas:

109LWB:

Jest ye not!

Not as good as Defenders, sunshine! :wink: I got stuck in mud at the V Festival, Weston Park, got pulled out by a Supacat!!!

Oh look the load hasn’t shifted. That’s what happens when you strap them down properly.

Wheres this happened at ?

i doubt the wind would have done that…fully freighted…i just wonder why he went that way unless the water covered the whole road…anyway…on that recovery prog on tv, they normally pull em out the way they went in…backwards…or unload it and use spreaders when the weight is right…at least the drivers ok, but its gonna cost a few quid.