Lorry thefts on A1

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/news/Raiders-wearing-hockey-masks-target-A1-lorries/article-1940295-detail/article.html

Quote :- “Police are advising lorry drivers to park in established truck stops after a spate of thefts on the A1.”

Are there any?

The dibbles say ‘Take extra precautions when parked in laybys’…FFS they torched off the padlock, why don’t they build more secure places to park.
I would think the driver was either a very heavy sleeper or heard what was going on and put the pillow over his head, more preferable to an iron bar I think!!!
Rather be a live coward than a dead hero.

its a joke isnt it…

why try and rob warehouses and shops with complicated alarm system when you can rob a mobile warehouse with no alarms and nobody is going to try and stop you. the police are’nt interested and just give you a crime number over the phone… why dont we all get in on the act, sure beats working for a living.

i wouldnt say blyth services is secure as there is always fuel going missing there, i wouldnt park in markam moor even if the management paid it as i’v had stuff stolen out of trailer there, newark lorry park been a while since i parked there but it has cctv but dont know if it works, grantham services is well em same as blyth, colsterworth moto has seen goods and fuel taken, the truckstop behind moto has a security fence and a guy at the gate so i would presume it too be safe but it wasnt like that a few years ago when it was open plan, stibbington diner has been known for goods and fuel too be taken, kates cabin is also a known place for fuel too be taken. if i have missed any then i havent visited them in my time driving but the only place on the a1 from peterbourgh to blyth that resembles anything like a secure lorry park is colsterworth truckpark but you have to get there early as it fills up pretty quick. if i have too park in that area i try too park in the shell garages at markam moor where there are cameras that work and the cashiers are there all night and have been known too call police if they see anything suspicious

Somewhere I’ve seen/read about a driver who fitted a lamp to the top of the rear gates and two more on swinging sticks to the front head. He ligths them up when parked up overnight to keep the area around the trailer/truck well lit to deter thieves.
Sure, if they are determined to steal a lamp won’t stop them, but I thought it wasn’t a bad idea.

The biggest problem imho is the police who just do not attend this sort of crimes (and others).

And it drives me crazy when a cop say “…it’s gang from different town/county/country, it’s gypsies/polish/chinese…”!!!
Like it would matter and anybody cared where are they from!

at the end of the day though the a1 has been a theft hotspot for many years and will continue too be for years too come

Now Lincolnshire Police are urging lorry drivers to take extra precautions when parking up in lay-bys,

“why have you got the machete?”

“because lincolnshire police said so.”

they are just trying it on. they tell us to take precautions, but i reckon they won’t back us up if we are caught being tooled up.

The A1 has been shut northbound from Stamford to Grantham for the last week so the whoever is doing this has less chance of
being seen.

I have parked on the A1 around half a dozen times in ten years, each time with a container lock, and each time I’ve had the seal broken and doors wedged open on the container lock…needless to say, I dont park there anymore, it just isnt worth the explantion to the office in the morning when they ask how I know nothing was stolen, grrrrrrr.

I was travelling north a few months ago, and in a layby around Stamford there was a foreign motor, and you could clearly see a flapping tilt, pile of chep, pallets and loads of shrinkrap…its a real no go area, all of it :unamused: