Lorry sat nav app

tesco use a satellite system for navigation in their trucks but sometimes it goes down/doesn’t work properly. It’s not great anyway.

I’m interested to know any lorry-nav apps anyone might be using that are any good and preferably free, just for my own safety if I need the back up.

Seen a few but can’t tell which would be best to go for.

Cheers.

Might help if you say what type of phone ? iPhone or android ?

Won’t be that many , if any , free ones for trucks that I do know!

I use Mapfactor Navigator for car use,decent app. It has truck mode but I’ve never used that.

Truck mode will only reduce sharp turns. For full truck features you need the truck version of mapfactor. personally I’m on aponia mainly. And would like copilot truck back so a cheep android phone will be joining me next week to run maps and truck timer

Cheers for replies

Map factor is £39.99 for the full truck version and it works offline with good reviews so might plump for that as a decent safety net!

Or buy a map

happysack:
Or buy a map

:slight_smile:

There’s a few truck navigation apps on both the Android and iOS app stores. I found this one - might look expensive but it’s a third of the price of a dedicated unit:

CoPilot Truck - Europe by ALK Technologies, Ltd.
appsto.re/gb/DdAsx.i

Renault also does a truck navigation app, but its reviews are poor:

NavTruck UK & Ireland by Renault Trucks by Renault Trucks SAS
appsto.re/gb/d8lXz.i

alix776:
Truck mode will only reduce sharp turns. For full truck features you need the truck version of mapfactor.

Interesting, because my version allows you to set truck parameters including height. Why do that if not routing accordingly? It mentions a truck version but I just looked in the Play Store and it’s not there.

If you can set parameters then it’ll be a full truck version the car version has a truck mode that does this

alix776:
If you can set parameters then it’ll be a full truck version the car version has a truck mode that does this

Not on the free one. If you try and change the parameters you have to pay for the full truck version

dave_garner:

alix776:

Not on the free one. If you try and change the parameters you have to pay for the full truck version

Indeed. Just tried it and was invited to upgrade. Never realised that until now.

Have a look at aponia 30 day trail and Europe map is €50 for a truck map

happysack:
Or buy a map

Can you buy maps with bridge heights and width restrictions on it?

Yes truckers atlas

Unfortunately truckers atlas doesn’t come with map reading instructions so will be of no use to many "noobs "

happysack:
Unfortunately truckers atlas doesn’t come with map reading instructions so will be of no use to many "noobs "

Lol, or anyone under the age of 40. :smiley:

Tesco and its Microlise system - it is poorer than usual lorry sat nav. Do not put your trust in it. It does not show the best routes and takes you there where you should not be or there is much more better route to follow.

Wilk:
Tesco and its Microlise system - it is poorer than usual lorry sat nav. Do not put your trust in it. It does not show the best routes and takes you there where you should not be or there is much more better route to follow.

Hence this thread lol