Lorry park opens in Dover

Lorry park opens in Dover - click here to read details

tenner a night - bargain

least one place has it right, but for near dover 100 spaces doesnt seem enough.

doubt ill ever use it though bein all the way up here in Fife lol.

better than nothing, dont sound too bad, apart from having to have an account, doubt our lot will sort that out, shame

where it says account holders only is going to bit of a problem then rather than letting us turn up and pay a tenner. only big boys will get accounts like stobarts and nobrot dressingtables. maybe even betz because they already got account with moto.

shame really cos i’d use it as showers on boat are disgusting and rarely available and have to pay in dock so take that out of the price and its a bargain.
also cheaper than paying to park in the freight clearance area and its got decent sounding facilities.

Hi All
I called in at Priority Freight last night and paid cash for my 90 minute stay and nothing was said about having to have an account however the overnight rate cash is according to the signs £20 including a £5.00 meal voucher. The £2.00 charge for 90 mins is to stop people just going in getting a shower and paying for nothing else so seems fair enough to me. The cafe was just closing when I went in but the fellas there were very welcoming and did me coffee and huge sandwiches for £2.90, the showers are new and very clean and hot.

The place is easy to find near Tesco`s and 800m from the A2.

A very good effort and friendly people

i stopped at one on the M20, J8 i think, was a lot more expensive, hardly any places and if i’d wanted to leave i would’ve had to get atleast 3 lorries to move so that i could get out as they just parked me in.

Most seemed to be hanging around for ferries rather than paying for anything.

Main reason i went there is it is 24 hour and i wanted breakfast before setting off at 4am. My hot options were curry or sausage and beans, i had cornflakes and an apple, a bargain at a fiver!

Next time i go down there i’ll plan it to stop more inland for an easier life :laughing:

that one on the M20 says Port Early Arrivals.
what does that mean?
if you’re early going down you just get another boat and if you early into uk from france crack on before the traffic gets bad?

welshboyinspain:
that one on the M20 says Port Early Arrivals.
what does that mean?
if you’re early going down you just get another boat and if you early into uk from france crack on before the traffic gets bad?

Early arrivals is for the cars and coaches as they still have bookings rather than turn up and ship

I dont know whats wrong with folkstone, apart from the crap showers, but you can always shower on the boat, and its only a tenner a night, and you have all the pubs and takeaways and you can use the gym in the hotel if your that desperate for a shower or some excersise

thought folkstone was shut so thanks for the info.
what i meant about showers was that unless first on boat always huge queue all with lidl carrier bags :smiley: