Lorry Ladies

alamcculloch:
It was a one off, to think that I used to fancy Angela. Lorraine Kelly it is from now on.

shudder
Ok, Lorraine could possibly be ■■■■ little minx (especially with that beautiful Scottish accent)
but, for me, you can´t beat …

gordon.jpg

steviespain:
I tried to watch it. Packed in after 10 minutes.
I mean, I don´t dislike Angela Rippon but it´s like watching your overenthusiastic 90 year old granny, who knows [zb] all about lorries, presenting the prog.

I’ll hear no bad mouthing of la Rippon,a fine fragrant English rose,ageing most graceously judging by the pics.Always had a hard spot for this fair damsel.

Great to see old Gordon Chromedome again,don’t make em like that n,more so they don’t.Oddly enough i walked past another truck babe a while back,Anneka {treasure hunt} Rice no less,still cute. The chihuahua i was walking at the time…(the pittbull stayed home) :blush: received an appreciative smile.She has a bolthole here on the Isle Of Wight as did her t.h controller Kenneth Kendall who lived in Cowes for many years with his…husband who sadly topped himself due to the grief.And no,no chopper based Anneka remarks were to be offered that fine day. :angry:

I have no problem with Angela Ripon but why would she present this program? Is the BBC looking for jobs for older female presenters?

Eric Rambler:
I have no problem with Angela Ripon but why would she present this program? Is the BBC looking for jobs for older female presenters?

I quite liked la Ripon when she did one of those consumer problem progs, with…oohh…who was it…ahh yes…Gloria and another one I can´t remember. Ooh…yes, ummm…Summerville?
Seems like she´s TOO grateful and TOO eager to please in this prog though. Just kinda over the top.

And mebbe it´s to do with the age thing the Beeb went through years ago when they sacked Moira Stuart (Never liked her tbh).
Y´know, “let´s get the old ones back and show we´re not ageist”. :unamused:

Older forum members may remember that Angela was the first presenter of Top Gear way back in 1977 which in those days included many items on trucks and buses, also her husband had a car parts business so she has always been interested in vehicles of all types.

I didn’t see the program in question though.

Pete.

Yeah, I remember that, WIndrush.
Anways…here´s where you can see the prog.
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b7mjcc