Lorry fire A34

Just been sat on the A34 for the last 45 minutes as there was a lorry on fire just before peartree interchange. Traffic is backed up southbound for about 4 miles I would say and as usual all the rubberkneckers are having a good stare going northbound. Driver got out ok as he was stood at what’s left of his unit scratching his head.

Apparently the fuel tank went with a bang about half 2ish, my old chap had just loaded at Kidlington Stone Siding and was crossing Oxford Road Bridge. Loads of smoke and flames shooting up above the trees. I was tipping at site in Bicester and just heard cb talk in time to go home Kirtlington way.

I got caught on the Northbound side,was pushing me luck to get back to Brackley before my 4 1/2 hrs driving was up but just past Peartree the traffic stopped and I was on 3.58,by the time I got past I could only get as far as Middleton Stoney before having to park up for a 45 break,at least when I got back to the yard I only had 55 minutes until hometime :laughing: Glad to hear the driver got out safely,looked a right mess when I passed