Lorry Drivers Tizer, the end of maybe?

Could this possibly pave the way for Tizer free verges or will it just continue to the point of bottles being emptied by litter pickers and then handing them over to unsuspecting retailers and cashing them in.

bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-43563164

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Here was me thinking the company that makes tizer was going bust

itl be taliban and scummos creeping about your bins to get the deposits from the bottles they can steal from you.
thats the way it works in sweden where wheelie bins and such have padlocks on them to keep the flipflops away from their premises.
you end up keeping your recycling stuff indoors so itl still be there when you decide to cash it in yourself,though in the big scheme of things its just another revenue earner as theres no way your going to care about 10p if your needing to use your pish bottle.
its already happening with the mug charge for plastic bags.

Funny how it wasn’t a problem when you used to buy bottles of pop in glass bottles and get 10p back when you returned them. I was buying them from a local drinks company which used to do a round of businesses on the industrial estate as recently as 1990.

malcolmgbell:
Here was me thinking the company that makes tizer was going bust

I can see where your coming from. I should of worded it differently. But hey ho, it is what it is now. Sorry for the confusion.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Conor:
Funny how it wasn’t a problem when you used to buy bottles of pop in glass bottles and get 10p back when you returned them. I was buying them from a local drinks company which used to do a round of businesses on the industrial estate as recently as 1990.

Yep. I remember them days and IRN BRU has only just stopped the process of returning the empties last year as apparently it wasn’t cost effective.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Conor:

As recently as 28 years ago?

Blimey. Onky feels like yesterday :laughing:

dieseldog999:
its already happening with the mug charge for plastic bags.

Yet all proceeds of the welsh 5p carrier bag charges go to charity, not sure if England have followed suit, personally I don’t mind the charge, we do see a lot less tree and bush ‘tesco flags’ about since it was introduced here, the biggest culprits for recyclable rubbish strewn on the streets are the messy barsteward recycling collection teams!

It worked in Holland and Germany without fault, there is only the UK who will louse it up, probably starting with Scotland

When Corona did this in the seventies…

AndrewG:
When Corona did this in the seventies…

?
Corona did lorry driver Tizer.
Wow they were really ahead of the times.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

I used to live in a small seaside holiday resort as a kid.
Me and my mates used to go around picking empty pop bottles off the beach and green taking them to the shops, and getting the deposit on them, made a fortune in the summer. :smiley:

(And then climb over the back yard of the shop, take them back again, and get the deposit at another shop. :laughing: )

robroy:
Me and my mates used to go around picking empty pop bottles off the beach and green taking them to the shops, and getting the deposit on them, made a fortune in the summer. :smiley:

(And then climb over the back yard of the shop, take them back again, and get the deposit at another shop. :laughing: )

+1 bigtime :laughing:

+2 it’s like a junior mafia in here!

When I was a kid and went berry picking I soon found that I could earn more money from discarded bottles than I could from picking raspberries.

robroy:

Lol that made me laugh :grimacing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

toonsy:

Conor:

As recently as 28 years ago?

Blimey. Onky feels like yesterday :laughing:

Daytrunker:

robroy:

(And then climb over the back yard of the shop, take them back again, and get the deposit at another shop. [emoji38] )

Lol that made me laugh :grimacing:

Our local off licence used to put a blue ink stamp on the labels of bottles they’d returned deposit on. They only paid if bottles had intact labels, so pointless nicking bottles from their yard.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk