Lorry drivers etiquette, how should we treat eachother?

There seems to be an awful lot of posts on here lately with drivers referring to other people manners on the road, so i thought it would be a good idea to discuss how we’d all like to be treated whilst out on the road doing our jobs. Im not talking about what car drivers should do, just lorry driver to lorry driver.

So to start off, a couple of rules i stick to is,

if someone moves over to let me join a motorway/DC i will always drop my speed so they can get back infront, then if i have enough ooomph i’ll then overtake afterwards.

When in a truck park early morning or late at night, typical sleeping hours, i keep the running of the engine to a bare min, so in the mornings i’ll start moving as soon as theres enough air to the tanks and when entering a truck park between those hours i’ll turn the engine off straight away and wont worry to much about getting the truck perfectly straight if theres loads of spare room, i do this to keep noise and vibrations down.

Saaamon:
When in a truck park early morning or late at night, .

So the night tramper can whistle for some decent kip then ■■? :wink:

I treat people how I would like them to treat me :smiley:

When I move over to let another driver in then if he has more oomph then I’m ok with him pulling away and I’ll just pull in behind him :smiley:

i only ■■■■ up the trailer wheels,so the next man does`nt stand in a pool of ■■■■ when he jumps out of the cab :wink:

It’s not the engine that wakes me. Turn the bloody reversing beeper off!

Jack-knife:

Yes to bloody right.

commonrail:
i only ■■■■ up the trailer wheels,so the next man does`nt stand in a pool of ■■■■ when he jumps out of the cab :wink:

I dont know if thats a wind up or not? lol

Nowt wrong with ■■■■…thats an old driver i used to know when i first started out when he went to the wash room he used to wash his face then slick back his hair with soap…yuk…and finaly ■■■■ on his own boots…makes em shine and keeps em supple he said, so i doubt standing in a puddle of it would have bothered him…did draw the line at does tha want a brew lad no thanks his cab smelt like a ■■■■ house door on a grimbsy trawler.

Saaamon:

Jack-knife:

Yes to bloody right.

commonrail:

You swerved Darb very well there saaamon! Driver etiquette don’t apply to night trampers then? :unamused:

When double manning a truck try and get food and drink in your mouth and shower regularly and take ones boots off when using the bunk.

Also to avoid spitting bits of fingernail everywhere, and whatever that is on the inside of the windscreeen clean it off.

Yust to work with a bloke who on nights out ■■■■■■ down the hand brake on the old C SERIES ERF it would soak all the way down into the engine and all in the sound proffing the dirty sod when the veh was used by somebody else once the engine got warm it stank like hell to lazy to get out and av a ■■■■■ seen the bloke from time to time since and thats the 1st thing i remember about him. Then there was another one he was that dirty when the veh was past down they had to steam clean the footwells because the driver refused to drive it the dirty rat fink was given a new motor :unamused: :unamused:

My ex father inlaw was a truck driver in the 50’s and 60’s he told me the same sort of story about old sid …used to drive old seddon no gaitor round the steering colum old sid would not stop he would do glasgow or ed non stop to london and just ■■■■ down or near the gap , father in law said he had the the delight of having to use his truck as his was in for repair…had to pour neat bleach in it and hose it out all chystalised ■■■■ everywhere…luxury eh?

When parking up next to me in an otherwise sparse yard, when I’ve taken the trouble to go right down the corner by the trees already, do NOT kick me out of my bunk “cos I’ve left my freezer on” and you’re from scouseland, and don’t like it.

If you’ve got a 17t wagon, you don’t automatically assume I’m agency and ask to “go in front of me” because you’re on job and knock.

Do not talk to me if I’m on a 45, unless you’ve got something to say I want to hear.

Do not ■■■■ on my wheels, or even your own since you’ve obviously parked right next to me for some “dark cover”. Use the 'kin toilets right over there…

If I’m doing 54 to let others past me, don’t pull in front of me and do 53!

Do not start to overtake me when you want the next exit.

Clean cab ettiquette?

I’d rather get a clean old cab to drive rather than a dirty new one. I have similar tastes in women (like older women that can boil an egg, dislike young thick birds that can’t!)

Things I don’t like to find in cabs:

Left Sandwiches.jpg

McD is fine in moderation only..jpg

Spilt Coffee.jpg

Overflowing ash tray.jpg

when using truckstops where you park back to back,don`t park 6ft back from the end of your slot…so that the bloke who has to park behind you is sticking out like a sore ■■■■ :smiling_imp:

dessy:

Saaamon:

Jack-knife:

Yes to bloody right.

commonrail:

You swerved Darb very well there saaamon! Driver etiquette don’t apply to night trampers then? :unamused:

No, aswell as class 2 drivers.

Winseer:

A pole?

With Respect !!!

Geoffo:
With Respect !!!

By doing what?

Geoffo:
With Respect !!!

Says it all Geoffo…no need to elaborate :slight_smile:

Saaamon:

Geoffo:
With Respect !!!

By doing what?

What do you mean ‘By doing what’ ■■? Do you understand what I wrote ■■

Show Common Courtesey & respect to others & others will show Common Courtesey & respect back…

Or do I need to spell It out In ‘Layman’s term’s’ ■■

BTW I’m not having a pop at you…

Geoffo:

Saaamon:

Geoffo:
With Respect !!!

By doing what?

Show Common Courtesey & respect to others & others will show Common Courtesey & respect back…

The thread is about what ways you show respect to drivers whilst on the road and how we should treat eachother, eg, backing off if someone is slow to overtake, or by not trying to overtake the lorry infront if the speed difference is small.

What im interested to find out is if everyone has the same views on respecting eachother or whether they differ from one driver to another.

Saaamon:

Geoffo:

Saaamon:

Geoffo:
With Respect !!!

By doing what?

The thread is about what ways you show respect to drivers whilst on the road and how we should treat eachother, eg, backing off if someone is slow to overtake, or by not trying to overtake the lorry infront if the speed difference is small.

What im interested to find out is if everyone has the same views on respecting eachother or whether they differ from one driver to another.

OK…I understand what you’ve written & agree with It.

My original answer was my Interpretation of the original question…