Lorry driver with one arm!

Def Leppards drummer just got on with it.

I only have one arm hence the CaptainHook name… i lost my right arm in an accident in france in 2003 ended up rolling a fridge on its side on my way back from Spain, there was’nt a lot left of my arm after that, i am looking at trying to get back driving now looking for a job as i have got my licence back now…

Guy who works for a company near Driffield, who run sewerage tankers, has only his right arm. It’s a sight watching him manhandle the pipes and couple up with apparent ease.

Stan

Just a quick note; Your boss doesn’t have to pay for any conversion, there is ‘access to work’ which is available through regional job centres that will pay for the conversions. I’ve had my navara fitted with hand controls and if i’m ever fit enough again, will have a unit converted. Access to work covered the full £1500 cost of the conversion, this does change with the amount of people you employ.

a mate lost a leg when he had a motorbike accident but that didnt stop him from learning to drive an artic and at one point he was running spain -uk -spain

now he is learning to be a train driver

I know two people who have lost a leg and still drive trucks, there used to be another one who did regular Austria but not sure if he is still with us.

There are three or four double amputee motorcycle racers, although they do struggle to get their knees down :stuck_out_tongue:

Alan Kempster, Reggie Showers, Shane Tacker, Mark Fincham.

Anybody no the name of the firm that the chap in the wheelchair that norfolk mentions works for would love to have a chat with him

You could have tried brakeing the ice with a little joke.
What’s the definition of agony? A one armed bandit hanging off a cliff with an itchy arse.
He’ll either laugh, or smack you in the face with his stump. :laughing:

I admire them for getting on with it. I saw a bloke once with wooden legs, but he had real feet! :open_mouth:

Armagedon:
Buddy of mine gets by with one arm,what’s the problem? OK he does drive around some day’s stark naked can’t be bothered to get dressed but get’s the load there…don’t you Rab?

FPMSL

Does losing a limb entitle you to a disabled badge?
You could cause havoc parking anywhere and displaying your badge, could be an endless source of amusement.

Any of these guys continuing to work deserve a lot of respect, shows up a lot of folks who would rather stay at home on benefits. Good luck to all of them!!!

Was loading at a waste transfer station at Uxbridge last year, there was a guy working in the yard with no hands helping sort pallets, was surprised when he jumped in the wagon and drag just as I was leaving and followed me out.
This guys forearms were split between the bones just about up to his elbows so he could use them to pick stuff up.
No idea if the truck was auto but didn’t seem to have any problems driving it, flew past me on the way upto the M40.

There’s a guy where I live that lost his hole arm in an accident.
Drives regularly to the Trondheim with a draw bar, he’s faster to put on chains than many with two functioning arms, 6min and both drive wheels are chained up, try beating that.
When not driving he dose a lot of snow removal in the winter. + is always in the forest.
Nothing seems to stop this one armed bandit :slight_smile:

I`m stumped ! but then again, theres no arm in it.

axletramp:
There used to be a driver in Bradford who had only half of one arm.
He could rope and sheet as good as anybody!

How long ago was that? Was he called Jim?

And Craig Forrester lost his left arm. still driving a tipper i believe based in rth lubbers yard. mind he will lose his other arm if certain people catch up with him after the fiasco of his Haulage operation in Birmingham.

mkb600:
Does losing a limb entitle you to a disabled badge?
You could cause havoc parking anywhere and displaying your badge, could be an endless source of amusement.

Any of these guys continuing to work deserve a lot of respect, shows up a lot of folks who would rather stay at home on benefits. Good luck to all of them!!!

I’m wondering with my dla award and blue badge would i get,
free road tax on my artic?
free severn crossing?
park where i like?
no congestion charge?
Managed all of this and more with my navara, may have the blueprint to make money with a truck!! :smiley:

And look what I found, since I guess none believe me

translate.google.se/translate?sl … ce&act=url

In case translate link doesn’t work
tungt.no/transportmagasinet/ … 806130.ece