Lorry driver jailed

The light sentence is due to the fact that he was charged with careless driving, maximum sentence is five years. It’s down to the CPS being too lazy to go after the charge of dangerous driving, maximum sentence is 14 years. They say it’s too difficult to prove dangerous driving, although in this case I think even I could have managed it, so they go for the lesser charge. Not surprisingly it’s a huge bone of contention among cyclists. The fact that his licence was suspended for 10 years, as if he’d take notice of that, makes it worse.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Is it likely the Traffic Commissioner might get involved?

He will defiantly be going for tea and biscuits :open_mouth:

why would he be going for tea and biscuits :question: theres not much that a TC can do to a mans LGV licence if said man doesn’t hold one. He’s not a LGV driver he’s a criminal caught driving one

I’m sorry but I’m not getting this “he’s not a driver” malarkey . He was driving a truck so that makes him a driver, in the same way anyone on a bike is classed, on here, as a cyclist. One bad one makes it that much harder for everyone else,you can apply that to any group.