Lorry Driver jailed [Merged]

Its alright DVLA banging on about load security when their vehicle restraint / lashing system fails at the first attempt. :laughing:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

jakethesnake:
A little unfair, nobody hurt, what’s the problem as it goes on here. [emoji38]

Crack on drive!
No nuns or kittens killed? No problem.
We used to do run with no mirrors at all on the A75, and nobody ever moaned then.

You’ll only loose your mirrors if you’re not going fast enough :smiley:

Ahh! [emoji3]
That’s the spirit we’re looking for!
Following Mr Monk’s comments I bet he ain’t allowed his own shaving kit when he’s in nick?

Is this one of those lorries you see parked in Thurrock services on EU plates, usually a RHD Renault premium with a tatty trailer doing beer runs?

Ok, let’s go through this without any ott drama clouding reality, getting carried away, and calling for this guy to be castrated and hung out to dry on a pole :smiley:

Broken mirror?..
■■■■ happens…enough said
(Was it a broken glass, a missing long view, or the full arm gone, I’d suspect one of the former rather than the latter.)

No MOT ?
Operator should have been done , not driver,
.(although he shouldn’t have took it out of yard tbf.)

Tacho infringement?..
Nothing life or death or it would have been specified in the report for full effect and justification.
(So assuming something along the lines of missed 5 or 10 mins off his break or something equally as minor at a guess.)

Insecure load?..
The fact he came through God knows how many countries to get to the UK and the load still straight and intact kind of refutes that claim…
(although DVSA would be right on it like a car bonnet…kerching :unamused: )

Removing the immobiliser and doing a runner?.
(Am I the only one on here who finds that amusing btw? :laughing: )
Yep, that was the money shot, the definite no no.
Just like the rest of the ‘establishment’ they do not like being defied or made pricks of.

So to sum up, nothing really serious, just a driver being a bit of a chancer…love the way he thinks his years of experience could be used as mitigation btw :laughing: that claim more than likely put an extra 500 notes on his fine, and an extra 7 days on his stretch. :laughing:

Well not quite just that for the prison bit, but that’s all it was originally & equated to a £1500 fine.

news.met.police.uk/news/lorry-dr … NaHEBjjSVs

Also tampering with the immobiliser. He thought UK is like Eastern Europe. ANPR he had never heard of it.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=166599

In that London, missing offside mirror presumably on a left ■■■■■■, and i do assume its the main mirror at least is missing or possibly both, not good.

Not bothered about the load security, the question should be was the load hanging out the side or was it in fact sitting absolutely fine and unless the twerp turned the whole bloody outfit over wouldn’t have moved at all.
MOT, isn’t it all online now (in blighty), same as the road tax then no disc issued so the driver hasn’t a bloody clue whether its MOT’d or taxed, and anyway wasn’t there a grace period in force due to the Covid scam?

Hours, somehow i doubt he’s missed a break by 10 minutes and its more likely he’s been taking the ■■■■, pity the irregularities haven’t been expanded on.
The trouble here is that there’s not enough detail, so i too am forced to assume that lack of detail means one is supposed to assume the worse.

Doing a runner was stupid, its why he’s got hammered and he has a nice little stay at her maj’s to think about how he might have been everso slightly rash cutting the wire and buggering off.

Jaxo:
Is this one of those lorries you see parked in Thurrock services on EU plates, usually a RHD Renault premium with a tatty trailer doing beer runs?

Winner :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Tatty trailer and unit so no loss when it is confiscated after about 3 months, roughly after the first month all is paid for then profit until it is confiscated, every load that gets through loses the treasury roughly £26,000, can only work with Border Farces say so, nice back hander if you can get it

robroy:
Just like the rest of the ‘establishment’ they do not like being defied or made pricks of.

Yes, this.

It seems that the fatal mistake he made was to have removed the green chain and fled at the wrong time of day. Had he timed it better he could have been on the DOCA ferry while the VOSA were still tucked up in bed and half-way across Germany before they noticed he wasn’t there any more.

robroy:
So to sum up, nothing really serious, just a driver being a bit of a chancer…

Let’s have a vote shall we try to bust him out of jail. :smiling_imp: :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=z7QdhDkcAaM

Taken whilst stationary. Yep I had a cracked screen.

lowloader.eu:
Taken whilst stationary. Yep I had a cracked screen.

The force is strong in this one Obiwan.

One hopes he has a live screen feed from the offside via an in cab camera system, said camera of which we can’t see in the pic, but on zooming in there’s what looks like the reflection of the normal mirrors in or rather through the side glass, has he taped the normal mirror to the os A pillar inside in the attempt at a field of vision? or is that another mirror put there specifically to help with oblique UK junctions and roundabouts.

Harry Monk:

robroy:

Yes, this.

It seems that the fatal mistake he made was to have removed the green chain and fled at the wrong time of day. Had he timed it better he could have been on the DOCA ferry while the VOSA were still tucked up in bed and half-way across Germany before they noticed he wasn’t there any more.

At least we do try to restrain them, unlike the French who simply take your CMR from you. When they go for lunch, that gives you a three hour head start :laughing:

While I have no doubt that he was locked up because he tried to do a runner, I am also wondering: One of the things he was charged with was ‘having an unsafe load’.

Maybe I’m being stupid but I’ll be blowed if I can see how on earth you are supposed to strap pallets of beer!

Anyone?

Wheel Nut:
At least we do try to restrain them, unlike the French who simply take your CMR from you. When they go for lunch, that gives you a three hour head start :laughing:

Spanish police…

Put a steering wheel lock over your steering wheel.

They left us in a petrol station with full facilities and access to beer until Scania came with the ransom money the next day.

Win-Stone:
While I have no doubt that he was locked up because he tried to do a runner, I am also wondering: One of the things he was charged with was ‘having an unsafe load’.

Maybe I’m being stupid but I’ll be blowed if I can see how on earth you are supposed to strap pallets of beer!

Anyone?

Standard tautliner: corner boards and straps.
XL tautliner: cross on the back.

If the French Gendarmes or Douanes ( Customs ) take the CMR , it’s not a problem, write another one out from the box of blank ones in your cab then take the back roads to the port if he was pulled over France scenario .
It’s when they take your passport is when you’re stuffed like a turkey, but oddly enough they are not allowed to take the vehicle keys .
Oh , I nearly forget , the international permit , if that is taken too .I would not try a runner in the Basque or Catalan areas of Españia.