Lorry driver charged with manslaughter of 39 [Merged]

NormanInNorfolk:

dieseldog999:
harrisons got a good case for stopping in eire.
he is irish,there was no offence commited in uk waters or soil,he didnt return to the uk and got arrested in ireland.
if he keeps the good wee irish catholic(we hate the brits) legal team,then he has a fair chance of staying close to home,but if anyone should be extraditing him,then it should be belgium where he shipped his load of biscuits.
theres another ten or so irish owner drivers that have the bulgarian regd units to the fatties address that seem to be forgotten about sofar.
id imagine their bumholes would be twitching like a rabbits nose when the doorbell rings for the forseeable future.

They got him
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-53514574intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world&link_location=live-reporting-story

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
he might as well do the supreme court appeal and see if that does him any good…noting to lose and its only another few hundred thousand euros in expenses for the solicitors and barristers…
he could drag it out and still have xmas in dublin.

He might be back in Co Down for Christmas if he is found not guilty at the Old Bailey, but for now he’s on remand in the hands of the Essex police charged with the same list of offences as his friends .

i would be asking them what crime did i commit in the uk?
no doubt they will have enough on him with woody grassing and the rest of them saving their own skins to tuck him up anyway,but surely his particular alleged offence should be debated in belgium?

dieseldog999:
no doubt they will have enough on him with woody grassing and the rest of them saving their own skins to tuck him up anyway,but surely his particular alleged offence should be debated in belgium?

I am fairly, but not completely, certain that there was a change in the law some years ago to allow the prosecution of offences committed abroad to be tried in the UK. In any case his alleged offence in Belgium is directly connected to the deaths (exactly where they occurred is not clear) and also to the trafficking of illegals which were in England. There is no doubt about that part of it because that is where they were indisputedly found.

So you were driving a trailer? No
Can you explain.■■ I was driving a tractor unit, I own the tractor unit,

So the trailer is not part of yours, no sir!

And what was in the trailer, pallets sir,
What was on the pallets??, boxes sir.

And did you see the boxes son, no sir, the trailer was sealed! So why did you say it was boxes,■■

My agent said it was boxes on pallets, I discovered it wasn’t when I opened the doors,

Why did you open the the doors in the UK?? To get the full delivery address sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
So you were driving a trailer? No
Can you explain.■■ I was driving a tractor unit, I own the tractor unit,

So the trailer is not part of yours, no sir!

And what was in the trailer, pallets sir,
What was on the pallets??, boxes sir.

And did you see the boxes son, no sir, the trailer was sealed! So why did you say it was boxes,■■

My agent said it was boxes on pallets, I discovered it wasn’t when I opened the doors,

Why did you open the the doors in the UK?? To get the full delivery address sir.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
youve lost the plot there just a tad.
all harrison did was ship a load of “biscuits” in zebrugge…hence it wasnt a running fridge…end of story for him.
it was an unacompanied trailer that was sealed and it was woody in purfleet that opened the doors thinking to let them out,saw they had pegged it,kakked himself,and called plod instead of calling hughes to see where they could dump them.
harrison then came back direct to dublin and got lifted coming off the ferry for an outstanding warrant as an excuse to nab him.

no offence in the uk,hence why dont belgium bother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieseldog999:

"the common law position is that an offence must have a “substantial connection with this jurisdiction”
cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/jurisdiction

for courts in England and Where any Murder or Manslaughter shall be committed on Land out of the United Kingdom, whether within the Queen’s Dominions or without, and whether the Person killed were a Subject of Her Majesty or not, every Offence committed by any Subject of Her Majesty, in respect of any such Case, whether the same shall amount to the Offence of Murder or of Manslaughter, or of being accessory to Murder or Manslaughter, may be dealt with, inquired of, tried, determined, and punished in any County or Place in England or Ireland in which such Person shall be apprehended or be in Custody, in the same Manner in all respects as if such Offence had been actually committed in that County or Place; provided that nothing herein contained shall prevent any Person from being tried in any Place out of England of Ireland for any Murder or Manslaughter committed out Of England or Ireland, in the same Manner as such Person might have been tried before the passing of this Act.Wales to have jurisdiction."
legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Vi … de/enacted

does that not apply to uk citizen??
harrison used his irish passport to state he was irish,though possibly they used the fact he prob has a uk one also to drag him in on that behalf.

dieseldog999:
does that not apply to uk citizen??
harrison used his irish passport to state he was irish,though possibly they used the fact he prob has a uk one also to drag him in on that behalf.

I’m no lawyer but the first bit about an alleged offence having a “substantial connection” to the UK would apply no matter what his nationality?

well no doubt they are all guilty as sin.
all that remains is to see how much they wriggle,and how much strength lies in getting grassed up if woody does the queens evidence stuff.
no doubt theres a queue from hughes downwards trying to wangle whatever they can get.
if woody had phoned elsewhere when he opened the doors,they would be pig food or landfill by now whether in essex or bandit country in crossmageln or similar and nobody would know or care.
no doubt there might have been a bit of a debate for claiming the £3k per head. :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

Such a shame they can’t afford lawyers of your calibre! :wink:

Something tells me they’ve probably thought of this. Maybe. Quite possibly. By chance.

When you read about not only this endeavour, but many criminal enterprises, it never ceases to amaze me how these idiots cannot resist the urge to show off. AMG Mercs, a white corvette, Range Rovers, Big houses, holiday homes, exotic holidays etc… Yet the ‘books’ show they earn £30k per annum for example :unamused:

Nobody on an average income can afford anything like these trinkets, yet the need to brag on social media amongst other things appears to be an irresistible pull to these lot. The Scania (V8’s :unamused: ) HAVE to have thousands of pounds worth of bling & paint for example, surely the more sensible thing would be a plain white XF? Woody at 25 years old pays £160k for a detached house for him & his pregnant girlfriend and has AMG’s on the drive ffs :unamused: The fact that he is getting charged with money laundering I assume is linked to the house purchase & motors which begs another question-how has a 25 year old lad managed to wash £160k enough to convince a financial institution that provides mortgages?

It’s great that this gang have been busted, but how many others are at it? The whole thing is a disgrace, but we are fortunate that most of these fools are not intelligent to keep things low key. As the Dog correctly noted, had Woody kept a grip of himself the cargo would have been ‘relocated’ and nobody would be any the wiser…scary stuff :open_mouth:

Proceeds of crime will strip all these fools down to their undies and virtually all involved will spend significant time in jail. Kid’s growing up without parents, 39 dead people with grieving families and all for what? Nothing.

The sooner folk wake up and stop getting SO desperate for shiny nice things the better, how desperately sad do you have to be in order to kill people for a nice house & car? :frowning: We need another huge comet to strike IMO.

surely a reasonable enough question though obviously the uk wants to take on the expenses for everyone and anyone if it can.

harrison and hughes will and have the best lawyers/barristers that the masked men above can buy for them,and once in the uk,then its all a freebie for them till the inevitable loophole or crucifixion?

dieseldog999:
surely a reasonable enough question though obviously the uk wants to take on the expenses for everyone and anyone if it can.

harrison and hughes will and have the best lawyers/barristers that the masked men above can buy for them,and once in the uk,then its all a freebie for them till the inevitable loophole or crucifixion?

I’ve a feeling someone will have thought about the legal implications and questions when he was charged. Were you hoping for them to go free?

ive no interest if they go free or get locked up with a chocolate key other than its a quite close to home interesting story in the tang related world of hooligan haulage.
i would think its not an open and shut case though with a lot of the info coming from who sntitches on who first,or cops the best jail time deal,hence itl be interesting to see if anyone wriggles out of it.
loopholes or not,then the media will make sure that the judge has to be seen to be dishing out decent penalties so they will no doubt be crucified for that reason alone.

eagerbeaver:
It’s great that this gang have been busted, but how many others are at it? The whole thing is a disgrace, but we are fortunate that most of these fools are not intelligent to keep things low key. As the Dog correctly noted, had Woody kept a grip of himself the cargo would have been ‘relocated’ and nobody would be any the wiser…scary stuff :open_mouth:

They’d obviously been at it for months so it makes you wonder if any others were ‘relocated’ - because if it was a regular racket, how come these people died if others came out of the trailers alive?

I agree with you about the freed and the showy bling. And Hughes had already been done for smuggling, why would anyone trust him to organise anything, or drive a truck that had been bought by him having been registered in Bulgaria? Might as well put ‘Straight to Jail’ in his SatNav.

I presume he bought his house mortgage-free, do banks not £160k worth of cash, or bank transfers when you buy a house? I work in boat sales and delivery, there are lots of checks for money laundering. If your business is legit.

I wonder how much snitching is necessary? They will have found Woody’s phone, they took computers from all the houses raided, they don’t seem great at covering their tracks.

Greed, as you say, and all for nothing.

NormanInNorfolk:

eagerbeaver:

They’d obviously been at it for months so it makes you wonder if any others were ‘relocated’ - because if it was a regular racket, how come these people died if others came out of the trailers alive?

I agree with you about the freed and the showy bling. And Hughes had already been done for smuggling, why would anyone trust him to organise anything, or drive a truck that had been bought by him having been registered in Bulgaria? Might as well put ‘Straight to Jail’ in his SatNav.

I presume he bought his house mortgage-free, do banks not £160k worth of cash, or bank transfers when you buy a house? I work in boat sales and delivery, there are lots of checks for money laundering. If your business is legit.

I wonder how much snitching is necessary? They will have found Woody’s phone, they took computers from all the houses raided, they don’t seem great at covering their tracks.

Greed, as you say, and all for nothing.

Woody admitted doing it since May 2018. The trailer debacle is somewhat perplexing… :confused: Did a ‘regular’ trailer get used and if so did it have a few holes drilled in it or maybe a handy bit of damage as this wouldn’t look as contrived as drilled holes? Was the reefer usually turned off and has someone turned it on at the docks ■■■■■■■ around or even thinking they were helping? Why on earth the fridge wasn’t disabled in the first place is strange. Maybe the ‘usual’ hire trailer was not available?

It’s clear to me that this gang were pretty disorganised and probably were lucky to have got away with it for as long as they have done, and as you correctly say-not great at covering their tracks. Hopefully after they get released from jail they will be watched carefully.

I also reckon the authorities will have learned a lot about other connected criminals and will deliberately allow some to believe they have got away with it and so reveal more whilst under surveillance. The recent encrypted code success for the filth may even yield further evidence, you never know. Although some of these ‘operatives’ (Woody & mates) probably struggle to understand Buckaroo so the chances of them even being able to spell encrypted is questionable :unamused:

the 2 bros are just county monaghan/armagh bandit country straight from the bog men working with those who wear balaclavas.
woody and co are just the tangs at the bottom of the list making a quick buck,hence the death threats that came out for them and their families.
it makes no odds whether ciggys,booze or " biscuits" its just a quick easy earner assuming you dont get caught.

smugglers seldom do it once,as greed or threats mean they just keep going till the dung hits that fan,then he who is daft enough to turn queens evidence gets a lighter sentence assuming they are still breathing at the end of it,then its relocate and hope for the best.

id say they were pretty well organised and have got away with it for many years till the delays in the fridge as the ongoing craic was harrison went on the ■■■■ when they got loaded,slept in and missed the early boat to ship the biscuits,hence they copped another extra 8 hours or whatever in the fridge,hence the death threats to him as soon as he got back to dublin.
it was shipped as an ambient load so the fridge wouldnt be running…all rivetting stuff in tangland. :slight_smile:

Ronan Hughes pleads guilty to manslaughter charges.

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … Essex.html