Lorry driver charged with manslaughter of 39 [Merged]

joe royal:
I’m surprised he pleaded guilty, it’s pretty hard to kill something that is already dead.

It has yet to be proved, I think, that they were already dead when he collected the trailer, but even if they were (and the text from one of them is evidence of time of death), knowing they were in there and had been for some time, is sufficient to prove his conspiracy to the events that led them to it. The only way, once conspiracy was admitted, that he could avoid manslaughter is if he had opened and reported it the moment he saw the trailer at the dock.

Franglais:

Geoffo:
Ireland not Island. Or do I have all this completely wrong.

Isn’t this a thread about “how things are done” off the Hampshire coast?

my money is on Ireland :slight_smile:

Spardo:

joe royal:
I’m surprised he pleaded guilty, it’s pretty hard to kill something that is already dead.

It has yet to be proved, I think, that they were already dead when he collected the trailer, but even if they were (and the text from one of them is evidence of time of death), knowing they were in there and had been for some time, is sufficient to prove his conspiracy to the events that led them to it. The only way, once conspiracy was admitted, that he could avoid manslaughter is if he had opened and reported it the moment he saw the trailer at the dock.

I think it’s ‘Joint Enterprise’?
Anyone involved in a crime bears responsibility.
If you go on a robbery, and only one is armed, you are all involved in armed robbery. If only one pulls the trigger you are all on murder/manslaughter charges.
But being no lawyer I’ll stand to be corrected.

Wooshhhh! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Regards John.

looks like some of the great unwashed prefer the scenic route to bring more disease and infection across to us.
yet another reason as to why your granny cant get onto a ventilator.

echo-news.co.uk/news/nation … gee-camps/

looks like some of the great unwashed prefer the scenic route to bring more disease and infection across to us.

dieseldog999:

Nobody asked them to congregate around Calais and Dunkerque did they.
Reckon most of these ‘‘refugees’’ will cope ok if they get it, seeing as 90% are young fit males…of ‘fighting age’, :bulb: , strange that innit. :unamused:
This covid thing is all the more reason to turn the ■■■■ s back :smiling_imp: , send Lilly Allen out to look after them, she seems to care soooooo much, personally I don’t.

Looks like they have caught up with Ronan Hughes according to Sky news

Spardo:
Having tried very hard on another forum to make the case for the driver’s innocence I am very disappointed at this news and, if he is guilty, cannot believe how stupid he’s been.

That went well then didn’t it. :unamused:

moomooland:

Spardo:
Having tried very hard on another forum to make the case for the driver’s innocence I am very disappointed at this news and, if he is guilty, cannot believe how stupid he’s been.

That went well then didn’t it. :unamused:

Yes, well, I gave him the benefit before the truth was known. I just couldn’t imagine how much money I would have to receive to make me that stupid. And I still don’t, there is no upper limit. :neutral_face:

HobNobRoy:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you might think even being a criminal from bandit country the writing would be on the wall for you after woody spilling the beans 5 mins after being arrested with your house being raided a couple of months ago that you would have been on a fast horse with a packet of razor blades to a country with no extradition treaty with ireland ir the uk.
they have been career criminals for years with enough dosh to buy ireland but coming from the bogs is not connected to having a brain either.
the only smart thing sofar,is using the irish passport to get taken to dublin instead of the uk…i wonder if officialdom is stupid enough to let him get bail??
theres been no mention of his partner/brother so itl remain to be seen when he gets lifted.
you might think with woodys guilty plea that you would have expected the knock on the door?
the 2 fatties from warrington are noticeable by their absence…i wonder why.

probably the most detailed info today is here.

irishtimes.com/news/crime-a … -1.4234180

dieseldog999:

HobNobRoy:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you might think even being a criminal from bandit country the writing would be on the wall for you after woody spilling the beans 5 mins after being arrested with your house being raided a couple of months ago that you would have been on a fast horse with a packet of razor blades to a country with no extradition treaty with ireland ir the uk.
they have been career criminals for years with enough dosh to buy ireland but coming from the bogs is not connected to having a brain either.
the only smart thing sofar,is using the irish passport to get taken to dublin instead of the uk…i wonder if officialdom is stupid enough to let him get bail??
theres been no mention of his partner/brother so itl remain to be seen when he gets lifted.
you might think with woodys guilty plea that you would have expected the knock on the door?

I wonder if they are somewhere safe at the moment■■? They can’t stay away for to long,

As a side shift, how good is Hughes Barrister??

[/quote]

I wonder if they are somewhere safe at the moment■■? They can’t stay away for to long,

As a side shift, how good is Hughes Barrister??
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ultimately at the hughes level with the organised crime in northern ireland or ireland in general then itl be the best one that uda/ira money can buy.
by doing the dublin route similar to harrison who can now appeal against extradition then it just stalls and drags out the process as the longer it drags,then the less important it becomes to a varying degree.
it also means that with the guards objecting to bail,then he is now doing time served while being an hours drive from friends and family for visits ect plus he will most likely get respected enough in a paddy jail and no doubt placed into a protection wing which is cushier again ( though possibly not the one that harrison will be in due to the death threats in his direction.

fatboy maher and his misses are off the radar since jan as far as i can see whilst still pleading innocence which personally somehow dont wash.
liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li … s-17648853

I was obviously wrong, but I thought the whole point of objections in Britain to the EAW was the fact that the subject was fast tracked back to the originating country. Seems not, so what was all the fuss about?

Secondly, DD999, will they be allowed family visits under the present Corvid-19 restrictions in Ireland?

i wouldnt know what happens about covid prison visits ect as itl be overkill there as well .
doing the irish aspect opens a new can of worms for them as any offence was commited by harrison in belgium.
going from the phone records they had all pegged it on the boat with harrison and hughes in ireland.
none of this was in the uk,so if anyone wants to extradite them,it should be the belgies though as usual the uk will spend millions on someone elses problem as apart from a bit of waffle,why would belgium care that 39 criminals popped their clogs smuggling themselves into the uk.

dieseldog999:
i wouldnt know what happens about covid prison visits ect as itl be overkill there as well .
doing the irish aspect opens a new can of worms for them as any offence was commited by harrison in belgium.
going from the phone records they had all pegged it on the boat with harrison and hughes in ireland.
none of this was in the uk,so if anyone wants to extradite them,it should be the belgies though as usual the uk will spend millions on someone elses problem as apart from a bit of waffle,why would belgium care that 39 criminals popped their clogs smuggling themselves into the uk.

Errr, compassion? Justice? Common decency? Our doctor’s a Belgian, and he keeps us alive, just. :unamused:

france and belgium are only transit countries for the taliban that want to swarm into the uk.
the more they let go unhindered is 1 less in their country.
france says its britains fault that they are swamped and make britain pay for security fences in calais,and belgium will certainly not spend any money if the uk is going to spend theirs first.
at the same time as the uk take on this expense on everyone elses behalf,our own national debt is bankrupting us as we speak.
they can bleat on however they want,but moneys money and nobody will actually want to spend anything on behalf of criminal illegals if they dont need to…(except the uk)

Mr Hughes denied bail in Dublins high court today. Gardai strongly objected to it.
Remanded in custody,until his extradition hearing on May 15th.
And yes,prison visits are severely curtailed over here.

whiplash:
Mr Hughes denied bail in Dublins high court today. Gardai strongly objected to it.
Remanded in custody,until his extradition hearing on May 15th.
And yes,prison visits are severely curtailed over here.

Have you seen the article in Sunday Life that is doing the rounds? think Woody will be needing a top witness protection scheme when it’s over