Lorry crash in Bridlington

hulldailymail.co.uk/Poundlan … story.html

don’t press the shunt button before attaching it to tractor.

Driver error I’m afraid,even bus drivers get round that corner :smiley:

Errr… Excuse me, where’s the tractor unit? ? ?

sortca:
Errr… Excuse me, where’s the tractor unit? ? ?

It’s one of these new self driving trailers :smiley:
He’s dropped the trailer and ■■■■ off :smiley:

Not sure if it’s one of our regular drivers or a limper no one about this morning but will ask when I’m back,

Not the best place to get into tho.

I’m lost as to why would have legs down and 5 th wheel not clipped and shunt button pressed in, as I can only see that’s how this could have happened hence the trailer rolling into corner of the house, can only imagine driver must have been doing a trailer swap with another driver and messed up limping away with lidl carrier under his arm lol.

Daytrunker:
Not sure if it’s one of our regular drivers or a limper no one about this morning but will ask when I’m back,

Not the best place to get into tho.

Ah my former local stomping ground.

There’s a big bus station right next to the shopping precinct and thats the route into the bus station that he has gone with the trailer so quite how he never made the turn I don’t know. I can only assume he’s tried to take it too tight but if a double decker bus can make the turn you can usually do it with an artic.

However at this shopping precinct you need to go to the loading area from the Promenade where there’s a nice wide entrance into a T shaped yard you can drive straight into.

google.co.uk/maps/@54.08297 … 56!6m1!1e1

Maybe the company should put a note in with the PODs about which route to take to the stores. We have over 600 stores and there is a sheet available for every single one of them if you’ve not been before and want one stating the route in if its one that needs to be approached from a certain direction and any hazards you’re likely to encounter so you know what you’re dealing with before you even get there.

Outstanding investigative journalism there, " The lorry thought to be on it’s way to a Poundland shop"
No ■■■■■■ ■■■■ sherlock!!!

The map we get shows Marshall avenue then turn right but the risk assessment said 33ft rear steer not 45ft.

He did the shunt button and 2 suzies got recovery out at 11 this morning,guy said £40 and 20 min work but work wanted it towing back to Bilston so it went from £40 to £2K in a phone call oops.

Yes it was a limper :unamused:

Conor:
Maybe the company should put a note in with the PODs about which route to take to the stores.

Nah too easy…[emoji16]

Daytrunker:
The map we get shows Marshall avenue then turn right but the risk assessment said 33ft rear steer not 45ft.
:

I could understand that if you had to reverse into the loading area from the Promenade but you don’t as its a T shaped yard designed so you can drive in, turn left, straighten up, reverse back, unload then turn left and drive straight out so on Chapel street instead of turning left into Marshall Avenue you just go straight down to the traffic lights and turn left.

Sometimes you wonder whether some of those doing these assessments ever drive a truck or try more than one route.

Yeah I’ve just looked on Google maps and agree Connor, why would they send anyone down that route when the easiest way is just follow road down and around, I. Used to love a day out in Brid when I lived in Hull

I didnt know they did a home delivery service :unamused: :unamused: