Lorry Bans

I am sure that i heard on the news this week that the EU are going to scrap the lorry bans in Europe,anyone else heard this or did i dream it.

Won’t affect me has don’t go there.

You sort of dreamt it.

There were plans to harmonise the bans, in the various countries that have them, so it made life easier rather than them starting and finishing at different times depending on the country.

Those plans have been scrapped and the present situation will continue.

WHAT the problem was that if the countrys had agred to work as per what the EU wishes they will then have no control at all over how the bans are set up this is why AUSTRIA;FRANCE;GERMANY said no to the new ruleing
that the EU wished to bring in,so you can forget about driveing on bank holidays,also to be honest over here in germany many drivers are glad that the bans are staying in place as other wise the bosses of those firms who
readjust the rules will go either farther down the winding road of non-stop driveing.

Just found this.
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4289186.stm
Scroll down to ‘big snooze’

i used to have that same dream when i was doing italy and didn’t know when i would be loaded to make the journey home etc.
the thing i really used to hate was the office line of you have urgent stuff on the trailer it has to back asap.
this meant that when you parked up saturday you only got minimum rest of 24 hours plus whatever took you to the lifting of the driving ban at 10pm local time.
it meant night work, having been up all day or near as ■■■■ it you then had to start driving when most people were thinking about going to bed and quite often put in a full driving shift too.