Lorries Ive Driven

Sorry about the quality :cry:
My first brand new artic, a 143 420 Scania. Working out of Felixstowe pulling tilts for Continental Cargo Carriers delivering and loading all over U.K

The worst motor ive had, a Magnum 420, never grossed over 25 ton, i think thats why it wouldnt pull. i went once a week to Nurnberg, used to reload the trailer handball Playmobil toys (i wasnt one of the loaders, i used to go to sleep while they were doing that :wink: )

When i started for this bloke i got a 6 year old F16, after 6 months i got this, a brand new (N reg)420 CD trim Globetrotter, working for Frans Maas out of Tilbury, doing mainly Germany, also a few France, Iberia, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, and Benelux, and one Greece.

When i started at this firm(from Sweden) i inherited KW"s 4x2 420 CD Globetrotter, after a year or so i got a brand new 380 CD Globetrotter, mainly running from Belgium and Holland to Northampton, bringing bearings into the country, and running back out empty. There were a few times we got to go somewhere different, loading cheese in Holland, or groupage in Germany to take up to Sweden. Fantastic job, shame it came to an end :cry:

Another(!!!) brand new truck, on a 52 plate was this 480 Super Space Cab Daf, running down to Greece around twice a month, normally 5 or 6 ton down, and around 4 or 5 ton back :smiley: I got Biggles a job on here, and when i left (i dont appreciate not getting paid) he took the truck over.

This was my last job, until i got a phonecall one day to say that the company had gone under, a Y reg 530 Super Space Cab, doing mostly Germany, with a bit of Denmark, Switzerland and France.

This is my motor at the min, a 51 plate 144 530, unfortunatly im stuck in the U.K, pulling euroliners out of Felixstowe again.

SORRY ABOUT THE QUALITY :blush: :blush: :cry: first effort at putting pics up, and not a very good one by the looks of the end result!

FIRST THE QUALITY IS OKAY MATE AND THE PICTURES ARE GREAT THANKS VERY MUCH FOR PUTTING THEM ON THE SITE; GOT ANY MORE;;

Cheers Pete, ive got quite a few more, but mostly theyre all of the above trucks, the problem with the quality of pics is because i had to take photos of the origional pics using my camera phone. I will use camera phone this week and send them directly to my computer and hope the quality improves. Failing that i may have to invest in a digital camera. :confused:

kindle how long ya been on irf i used to be on there for garfied transport with an old green erf my mate tony is still on there and garfield runs a couple of eurostars now :laughing:

Hello Carl, i did around 8 months on IRF when the 144 was bought new for me, its a 51 plate, so must have been 2001, and 2nd time around (now) ive been on it since around May. Not my ideal job, but its ok really i suppose, plenty of work, and theyve got the best fleet of trailers by far in Felixstowe. Garfield tnspt rings a bell, but i havent met any of their drivers.

Impressive set of pics even as they are.

:sunglasses:

Cheers Andy, even thou its taken around a year or more to do it! :blush: :blush:

Like the Pics, that SKF tilt did you ever go to Luton with them, i used to go in there with Frans Maas, and there allways used to be one in there :wink:

great trucks and great pics :smiley:

Good pics :smiley:

Great pic`s
Many thanks for sharing them with us all
Cheers

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

Excellent pics Kindle, thanks for sharing them. :sunglasses:

That red Daf looks smart, especially with the tanks looking like that,like they should be, nice un shiney.

You have had an had some impressive lorries, bet its nice looking back on them. :sunglasses: :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

Cheers for comments, Eddie, there were 4 of us on the S.K.F job, we tipped T.N.T at Northampton. 1 would tip around 7pm if i remember, the other 1 would tip 02.00am the following morning, the other 2 would be in Belgium loading, and depending on what shift you were on, you would allways meet the night driver or the day driver, usually around the Calais area.we used to go down to S.K.F at Luton to get our time off, and use their showers and canteen etc. We didnt load from there, it was basically just a secure, quiet, and free truckstop! :smiley:
Mad, i do dig pics out every now and then, especially if im getting pi**** off cos im stuck driving round U.K all the time.
Shame Biggles never carried on polishing the tanks on the Daf when he inherited it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:
Im taking pics on my new phone this week, and ive downloaded em directly onto imagecave, and they are 100% improvement on these lot. I will carry on taking pics during the rest of the week, and may do a diary when the week is done :confused: :open_mouth:

Cool Photos, never mind about qualitys!!!

spotted one white willi betz truck in ur photos :smiley:

a Y reg 530 Super Space Cab, photos, in parking area snow night, behind the white actros betz :laughing:

cheers Ben

good pics kindle, keep your chin up mate, something european bound will turn up :laughing: …