Looks Like They're Having a Purge on Load Security

biggriffin:
https://twitter.com/HumberbeatRoads/status/1073550244850360321?s=19

Just leave this here. :open_mouth:

I wonder if the traffic cones in the back of Plod’s car are secured?

cav551:

biggriffin:
https://twitter.com/HumberbeatRoads/status/1073550244850360321?s=19

Just leave this here. :open_mouth:

I wonder if the traffic cones in the back of Plod’s car are secured?

People need to go on Twitter and follow all the police, some of the things make you smile, then you get the ones we’re no common sense has been applied.

trevHCS:
Just looking at that first pic, isnt that Nina in amongst the police bods making me wonder if it was a setup? Might be wrong or might have been held at the same place as they were pulling them, but does look a tad suspicious.

Btw what the heck gas load security got to do with HSE? Its a Vosa / Dvsa thing surely.

As forbthe bales, as long as all tbose straps had little tags on giving maker date, strength etc thrn that looks ok. If not thats the dvsa xmas party paid for (and other crap in this job). :wink:

From what I can gather, the HSE are the ones that carry out the prosecution. The DVSA report it to the HSE…

Own Account Driver:

DickyNick:
I was loading drinks last night. 2 Morrison’s curtain siders were also loading there. They had about 3 or so support pillars down the trailer with a thick metal bar horizontally between each one. Like the euro trailers. I looked and thought 1/ those pallets of drinks aren’t going anywhere with them. 2/ my “look vosa I’ve made an effort” internal straps on my load was an embarrassment compared to how secure theirs looked with the metal bars.

But… the internal straps over the bars probably make the trailers more versatile for varying loads that general haulage take. So over all, the metal bars at the exact height of normal single stacked pallets is all well and good if that’s all the company ever move.

The bars are there to hold their roll cages it’s just a bonus they hold the pallets better.

They certainly looked liked they were spec’d to do the job

This will only feed into the idea that it’s just about the money!

DickyNick:

Own Account Driver:

DickyNick:
I was loading drinks last night. 2 Morrison’s curtain siders were also loading there. They had about 3 or so support pillars down the trailer with a thick metal bar horizontally between each one. Like the euro trailers. I looked and thought 1/ those pallets of drinks aren’t going anywhere with them. 2/ my “look vosa I’ve made an effort” internal straps on my load was an embarrassment compared to how secure theirs looked with the metal bars.

But… the internal straps over the bars probably make the trailers more versatile for varying loads that general haulage take. So over all, the metal bars at the exact height of normal single stacked pallets is all well and good if that’s all the company ever move.

The bars are there to hold their roll cages it’s just a bonus they hold the pallets better.

They certainly looked liked they were spec’d to do the job

Always makes me smile, roll cages in a curtian …