Looks like the French farmers are protesting /blockading

Nothing new for that part of france its the same every year its tourist season and brittany is known for problems with farmers

Could be protests over here later in the year, price of raw milk is through the floor (cheaper to buy milk than bottled water FFS), beef and sheep prices are being kept artificially low due to the supermarkets importing cheap lamb from the other side of the world (partly exchange rate), unless the weather picks up before harvest that could be a disaster too and exports of meat and grain are problematic, again due to the exchange rate.

At least the problems in haulage are self inflicted so could be easily sorted if the will was there :unamused:

Well between them and the the parasites that keep invading the eurotunnel terminal nearly every night , cross channel transport is all but ■■■■■■ at the moment
All this has escalated since they stormed the port of calais in daylight hours and got away with it. Uk government need to stop all access to benefits and free health care for any of them, and end this slow deportation system, to deported back to France same day or within 24hrs no appeals or other bs Why i government so reluctant to do this? would it reduce the supply of cheap underpaid labour?

Secondly deploy some British troops to secure our borders, they could send boris the buffoon’s water cannons over there ,give those smelly parasites a wash at least And no i don’t feel sorry for the majority of them as their situation is self inflicted they have put themselves in this situation don’t forget that

Just sat in my local bar reading what they did yesterday. They are certainly gaining momentum, looking for a guaranteed local price. Wouldn’t want to be a haulier importing any farm products into France at the moment. Looks like things are getting serious but not sure the public are behind them.

tommy t:
Well between them and the the parasites that keep invading the eurotunnel terminal nearly every night , cross channel transport is all but [zb] at the moment
All this has escalated since they stormed the port of calais in daylight hours and got away with it. Uk government need to stop all access to benefits and free health care for any of them, and end this slow deportation system, to deported back to France same day or within 24hrs no appeals or other bs Why i government so reluctant to do this? would it reduce the supply of cheap underpaid labour?

Secondly deploy some British troops to secure our borders, they could send boris the buffoon’s water cannons over there ,give those smelly parasites a wash at least And no i don’t feel sorry for the majority of them as their situation is self inflicted they have put themselves in this situation don’t forget that

we wish…excellent idea …but the liberal lefties want them here ///////////////close the doors keep the vermin out wawaw

Plambert:
Just sat in my local bar reading what they did yesterday. They are certainly gaining momentum, looking for a guaranteed local price. Wouldn’t want to be a haulier importing any farm products into France at the moment. Looks like things are getting serious but not sure the public are behind them.

Yeah reading around a little is see that some drivers have had their loads destroyed , even some of their own foodstuffs are being stopped from being exported , there are more blockades planned in other areas soon, and again the gendarmes /police sit and watch & let them do this,

There is a photo on Kevin Hopper`s twitter feed [@bycl1975] of a fridge getting its contents tipped out near Lorient on Tuesday night :smiling_imp:

tommy t:
All this has escalated since they stormed the port of calais in daylight hours and got away with it. Uk government need to stop all access to benefits and free health care for any of them

I see we’ve found the Daily Mail reader. They don’t get any of those things, no free house, no benefits, only healthcare but even that is restricted.

Conor:

tommy t:
All this has escalated since they stormed the port of calais in daylight hours and got away with it. Uk government need to stop all access to benefits and free health care for any of them

I see we’ve found the Daily Mail reader. They don’t get any of those things, no free house, no benefits, only healthcare but even that is restricted.

I don’t know all the details of what happens to an individual who turns up in the UK with only the clothes he stands up in. If as you seem to suggest he is only given limited access to health care, how can he possibly stay alive for more than a few days unless he engages in some sort of illegal activity ? Or are there 100s of them doing " a Bear Grylls " in the New Forrest ?
Regards. John.

Conor:

tommy t:

Non sense once they claim asylum they get more than those who are native to this country get,I have seen some in supermarkets buying food with their food vouchers (hand out’s from DWP) as whilst claiming asylum they are not allowed to work,(But many do for pish poor wages) Funny you don’t see them on the streets eh, begging perhaps, there have been countless documentaries on tv about what they get ect, and even the NHS healthcare is open to abuse from these parasites , even if they are put in a detention centre whilst they await the outcome of they asylum application , they are housed clothed fed and watered and how much is this costing the tax payer?

These are the reasons for them wanting to come here, passing through many safe countries along their way, it has to be stopped Stop any form of government handouts and all health care except emergency treatment , So they are no better off here than they would be in France, Spain ,Italy, Greece ect ect ,But no the government wont act, So this ■■■■■■■■ will continue and become even worse

Asylum support: What you'll get - GOV.UK Even the Gov’s own web site disagrees with your claims, And no i don’t read the daily fail or support Ukip

tommy t:

Plambert:

Yeah reading around a little is see that some drivers have had their loads destroyed , even some of their own foodstuffs are being stopped from being exported , there are more blockades planned in other areas soon, and again the gendarmes /police sit and watch & let them do this,

It seems different in each region. I am in 49 Loire et Maine and in my local supermarket in brissac they went in at 8am, checked the provenance of the meat products and left by 8:30 am. Meanwhile up the road in Lion D’angers farmers seem to have ransacked a local supermarket and dump all sorts in the car park.

tommy t:

Plambert:

One of ours was in this convoy,must have been a bit scary. The fish had been landed in Lochinver by a French boat and was headed for the market in Lorient. 140 tons of fish was thrown onto the road and covered in diesel to render it unusable. Apparently the police said it was impossible to stop it happening :unamused:

express.co.uk/scotland/59367 … -destroyed

chicane:
Could be protests over here later in the year, price of raw milk is through the floor (cheaper to buy milk than bottled water FFS), beef and sheep prices are being kept artificially low due to the supermarkets importing cheap lamb from the other side of the world (partly exchange rate), unless the weather picks up before harvest that could be a disaster too and exports of meat and grain are problematic, again due to the exchange rate.

At least the problems in haulage are self inflicted so could be easily sorted if the will was there :unamused:

Sounds like the EU could do with a drastic weakening of their own currency - don’t it? :sunglasses:

Germany, India, & China are the ones that won’t allow it though.