Looking to get back over

hello all my sob story is simple, last year + a half ago i was a happy eu driver, coasting happly anywhere + every where ( including eastern) . then sadly my wifes mum died she was devistated, so i took the desision to work in the uk. now though my wife has fully recovered ( or she if fed up with me) and my feet are itching like hell to cross back over again the problem is , getting the right job . as probobly everyone knows they are getting few + far between . i live in the north wales area + basicly there is nothing going or they want you to do it for nearly bugger all .
what i am basicly asking is does anyone know of reputable companys who are looking for a driver , who has over 10 years knowledge of europe, speaks basic german,italian ,romanian + a little french. and can order a coffie in spannish , has a clean licence and is willing to work on tauts , fridges flats or tilts . thanks for reading and any info appreciated :slight_smile:

Sorry mate, I don’t know of anyone in your area.

All the best in your search though.

cheers simon 4 reply + yes i know bugger all here in the sticks but willing 2 venture out a little

Have you tried Quick Freight? They are in Oswestry. The job is mainly Kelloggs, to everywhere. Loading out of Wrexham or Manchester.
They run wagon and (caravan)drags, a lot of them are ex-Murfitts rigs.
The job is supposed to be very easy, but the money is a bit low. Depends on what you’re after.

I’m away till Thursday night or maybe Friday.
If you want the phone number, send me a pm, I’ll get it too you as soon as I can.

cheers simon have sent you a pm will also try on line for any info about them

Good luck arold1968 and I hope
you find what you looking for :smiley:

Not everybody’s cup of tea,I know…

But my mate works for the international division of a certain Mr.Stobart out of Warrington,(He parks his motor over this side of the Pennines.) and he’s as happy as a pig in the brown stuff,and I believe they could be recruiting,as a few drivers have just gone on to the UK side,because of grief from the other half,about being away for long periods.

Good kit in the form of wagon and drag,or FH Globey on low profile tyres,I-shift,l/h drive,fridge freezer,basically a Belgian spec motor,on Belgian plates.

As far as I know,they cover most of Europe,but as my mate is a Euro virgin,he’s doing Lokeren,(Stobbies Belgian office.) Holland,Germany,France up to now,but as he’s just split from the wife,he’s told them he doesn’t care where he goes.

I think you usually start off as holiday relief,but as you move up the order,and a motor becomes available,it’s your’s.(He had 1 week of it!!!)

Ken.

Who`s your mate ken?
I also work for the illustrious mr stobart on international :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

sorry for delay in reply thanks for reply quinny sent off application for mr stobart 2 weeks ago not a sniff from there yet but fingers crossed also sent one off for mr vos but again still waiting