Looking for work Leeds Bradford Area HGV 2 W&D

I have C and C+E 102 restriction.

Anyone know of companies that use Wag and Drag around Leeds Bradford area and who will take on someone who has no recent experience?

I saw an Argos truck dragging a Drawbar trailer on the A1 the other day.

Try C ■■■■ down at Poundstretcher Huddersfield.

I applied for job with them just after passing my class 1. They offered me job and were happy to give me a go with no experience. (Turned job down tho as was after artic work over w&d)

mbax81:

I applied for job with them just after passing my class 1. They offered me job and were happy to give me a go with no experience. (Turned job down tho as was after artic work over w&d)

Thanks very much will do. My licence has just landed on the doormat so raring to go :smiley:

Just applied. :smiley:

mbax81:

hi mate dont know if this is of interest but spoke to a company today called gba near derby who are looking for drivers for sprinters and 7 1/2 to do euro work they do have class 2 and 1 trucks. Start off on little one and work you way up maybe just a thought

Best bet is to take the CE test to remove the restriction. It will make you a lot more employable.

mbax81:

At least they replied to me straight away those jobs are filled but thanks :smiley:

Farsley transport are taking on HGV 2 I have been down this afternoon and filled the application form in :slight_smile:

Drivelink agency are going to take me on, they have a lot of work for me they say so I register tomorrow and we will see if the promises are kept. Arla contracts and wag and drag out of Bradford :smiley:

Well not bad for a first day, I am encouraged, got a few polite refusals but some agencies are willing to help me out with work and get the hours in. Would you believe it, now I am looking for other work 3 maintenance jobs have just landed on my desk!! Typical either no one wants to employ you OR they all do at the same time !

Argos have W&D, just like Next too… But they also have artics. I doubt very much they’d take you on just as W&D as there’s no flexability.

Bibby’s at Yeadon were apparently looking for C2 night drivers paying circa 24k. Not bad IMO.

Get what you can and do artic test, there’s stacks of work round here.

Don’t know if you realise you can take your “artic” test on w+d and this will remove the restriction. Maybe it’s mad, but that’s the rule. No theory test or anything else. Just a little brush up training and job done. It may help.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Good to hear C ■■■■ made time to reply to you. Winds me up when dont even get an acknowledgement.

Ellis Furniture in Hudds also have a few W&D on the road. Might be worth a shot?

Good luck in the job hunt mate.

well I am straight on for an agency. Sat there doing the tests and registration Thursday morning abd he says can you do 5am start tomorrow? I said yes sure and so that was my start, carried on filling in the test sheet on WTD drivers hours etc. and his partner comes in and says would you get us out of the crrrappp and do a run this afternoon! music to my ears. Anyway nice little run 2012 Scania HGV 2 picked it up Stourton and took it to Asda Doncaster. Nice short shift 5hours in a fully automatic to ease me in. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Which agency is that mate?

4559danielk:

Drivelink at Castleford they need drivers!

alder:

4559danielk:

Have they offered you more work?

Only thing I am unsure about is I have signed up with JSA umbrella company and it seems to me they take a lot of money off you. Might change to a agency that allows self employed so I can work things in with my property services business :confused:

4559danielk:

alder:

4559danielk:

Today I was supposed to have a day with another driver but the company had cancelled that and put me on a multidrop job Newcastle-Sunderland-Chester-le street and York. Started 4:30 this morning and finished at 6:30 tonight. Bit of a ■■■■ up but I was glad of it really :smiley:

alder:

4559danielk:

alder:

4559danielk:

Today I was supposed to have a day with another driver but the company had cancelled that and put me on a multidrop job Newcastle-Sunderland-Chester-le street and York. Started 4:30 this morning and finished at 6:30 tonight. Bit of a ■■■■ up but I was glad of it really :smiley:

At least you got work!! I’ll ring them on monday to arrange to go see then hopefully on wednesday! How long was the register process?

4559danielk:

alder:

4559danielk:

alder:

4559danielk:

At least you got work!! I’ll ring them on monday to arrange to go see then hopefully on wednesday! How long was the register process?

He told me I would only be an hour but I had put 3 hours on my car in the car park and only had 15 minutes to spare when I got out. He was stressed though as he was the only one in the office. The phones were going well and customers were asking if he has drivers to which he replied "we are getting more drivers in please keep ringing us " I think it is a newish franchise and only just starting out. Good to get in at the ground?

Swat up on Drivers hours, WTD, signs for HGV Height Weight Length etc. There is a sheet with loads of product numbers that are similar and you have to pick the one that matches the one in the question so take your time with it. For example:

Which of these is the correct match to the product number HS153267

HS15376 HS152367 HS153376 HS552376 HS153267 HS122376 HS152376

alder:
Swat up on Drivers hours, WTD, signs for HGV Height Weight Length etc. There is a sheet with loads of product numbers that are similar and you have to pick the one that matches the one in the question so take your time with it. For example:

Which of these is the correct match to the product number HS153267

HS15376 HS152367 HS153376 HS552376 HS153267 HS122376 HS152376

Hopefully ill get home at decent time on Wednesday so I can go down!!

Thanks for the extra information too to double check up on!!

Update on this for other local drivers interested. I had some good work from Drivelink mainly working for Yusen Logistics Stourton. I signed up with some other agencies though to cover when my shifts were cancelled as I got a few of them in 2 weeks. It worked as one day I did a fridge to Sittingbourne and back nightshift. I then got a 3 nights a week running tyres up to Glasgow (Eurocentral) for Stapletons and this job is going now and the agency doing it is tempstation. This is now a 7.5 tonne job and stapletons 7.5 tonners are all Iveco 13 plate.

I am not working at the moment as I have took 2 weeks off. I am doing my cpc at atkins this week and then class 1 next week. Spoke to all 4 agencies that I am signed on with and worried that they won’t give me class 1 work, need to keep positive though! :unamused: :slight_smile: