Looking for work in the uk

Hi i’m a newly qualified class 1 driver and looking to work in the U.K as I can commute over as I live in Northern Ireland. Have full DQC and part ADR. The problem is I have a 6 year old DUT on my licence and finding it hard to get work. Does anyone know of anybody that takes on drivers that made a silly mistake. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried the agencies? They seem to be able to place new rookie drivers in work that most employers won’t normally touch, so perhaps they’ll have options for you too.

I orc thanks iv been driving in northern Ireland from September but only getting 4 1/2 hours at times 6 I want full 9 an sleeping out can’t get it here iv tryed a few from over there an seem to be not interested in helping an willing to stay for few days for assessment an induction at my own expense

try the mushroom brigade in co armagh.the subbies will be less fussy if you can run bent…or try the smaller companies across the border,same rules apply,and youl be on uk/eire trip money otherwise it wont be worth doing…alternatively,get an address across the border,change your licence for a paddy one,and theres a reasonable chance it may not follow you,as there still a bit slap dash down there.easy done with no big outlay.youl make nothing working for grafton/jark etc around Belfast.you wont get into Tosco,itl be 350 a shift on the bins,and sains/nfl will be 6 hour shifts for pish money.its like getting credit,high risk,high interest,with a bad stamp you wont get the cream of the jobs…if someone considers you,then you could always tell them you would pay the balance of your excess on a weekly basis if they put some faith in you?,but id reckon the bigger companies would just shouldner you especially as its about to enter a quiet period for a cpl months.

Depends where you want to live. In Scotland go to Bathgate & try pollock Scotrans, around newcastle try Simpsons & Ramage transport. They will all give you a go, usually regardless of your experience as they are always looking for drivers.

Thanks billy hunt I’ll have a look at that mate. An Des I would chance it legal I know I made a mistake but I’ll keep trying I was driving for DHL in mullask an wincantion so my insurance must be fine I don’t drink our smoke I broke my back an cop thought I was drinking but it was in meds I was on so I never took test ask for blood test an cops says cuz I refused the breath I’m not getting blood test thanks for the help anyway

mano12345:
Thanks billy hunt I’ll have a look at that mate. An Des I would chance it legal I know I made a mistake but I’ll keep trying I was driving for DHL in mullask an wincantion so my insurance must be fine I don’t drink our smoke I broke my back an cop thought I was drinking but it was in meds I was on so I never took test ask for blood test an cops says cuz I refused the breath I’m not getting blood test thanks for the help anyway

Try Sawyers/MorganMcLernon as you’ll earn £600+home per week without having to commute to mainland plus all good tackle :exclamation: :exclamation:
90% Sawyers work is 1hit/1collection and 100% legal running.
(Home for daily rest during the week once/twice too)

McCulla will break your arm to start with them but on mainland work its away a fortnight at a time for £1100home.
“Deep South” is Sun night/Mon morn to Fri but money PISH@ £85home/shift :exclamation: :exclamation: :cry:
Don’t even ask about dayshift work there :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth:

Agency work will go quiet now in NI til mid March but in 4yrs on/off@ Sainsburys/DFDS
I never did a “6hr shift” and if I did you were paid for the full 8hrs. :sunglasses:
They are the BEST paid agency drivers in NI atm as they’re on £12hr/nights and can reg do a 12/14hr shift.
Mate has been there with Grafton for past 4yrs and usually does just the 4shifts and takes home £420+. :wink:

mano12345:

If you were “on Meds” why did you refuse a simple breath test as it would have come up blank :question: :question: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Thanks big truck went for assessment with mcculla an was to do two weeks in south then England just before Christmas and never got back to me left me without work two wks before Christmas An I left a agency can’t go back to them now! Was looking forward to working for Brian!! An for the second I refused cuz the policeman new I didn’t drink new me from school thought when I got to station the police would let me but cuz I says no to him they says no my mistake an a sore one!

mano12345:
Thanks big truck went for assessment with mcculla an was to do two weeks in south then England just before Christmas and never got back to me left me without work two wks before Christmas An I left a agency can’t go back to them now! Was looking forward to working for Brian!!

Aye,
that would be McCulla alright and Brian (“Smiling assassin”) wonders why they can’t get or hold onto decent drivers :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

Its sickend the heart out of me to be honest i have a 2 year old an 7 year old an he don me out of over a 900 quid went an took extra reverse lessons just to get it right I live in country went down three times first he was busy (forgot) an spoke to me once

mano12345:
Its sickend the heart out of me to be honest i have a 2 year old an 7 year old an he don me out of over a 900 quid went an took extra reverse lessons just to get it right I live in country went down three times first he was busy (forgot) an spoke to me once

You aren’t the 1st nor will you be the last driver this has happened to@ McCulla,
don’t know their arse from their elbow majority of time(Management) as “Operations Director” is one of those men who takes on the job of FIVE others then wonders why its a total CLUSTER F :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

They had a BIG audit in the Summer and the company accountant who put forward “The Plan” to sort out the numerous “balls ups” ended up handing in notice and leaving as his suggestions were binned :exclamation: :exclamation: :confused:

dieseldog999:
try the mushroom brigade in co armagh.the subbies will be less fussy if you can run bent…or try the smaller companies across the border,same rules apply,and youl be on uk/eire trip money otherwise it wont be worth doing…alternatively,get an address across the border,change your licence for a paddy one,and theres a reasonable chance it may not follow you,as there still a bit slap dash down there.easy done with no big outlay.youl make nothing working for grafton/jark etc around Belfast.you wont get into Tosco,itl be 350 a shift on the bins,and sains/nfl will be 6 hour shifts for pish money.its like getting credit,high risk,high interest,with a bad stamp you wont get the cream of the jobs…if someone considers you,then you could always tell them you would pay the balance of your excess on a weekly basis if they put some faith in you?,but id reckon the bigger companies would just shouldner you especially as its about to enter a quiet period for a cpl months.

Out of interest what’s a Paddy one,if I remember correctly any fella from the island of Ireland is classed as a paddy where I was in England .

globalagjobs.com

I would give mcculla another go big truck offered me two weeks training with pay just to get up to there standards just think over Christmas was very busy for them. There assessor was very nice great to talk an been there years mate. I believe in second chances an if they phone me I would love to drive for them. I went down on a Saturday an there lorries were all being looked after. I got a few pms from a man an he was to his word so things looking great at the mo. The money don’t bother me its just the love of driving artics an getting home to my wife an kids after a week or two away what more do you really need!! Every one in life deserves a chance. Thats not me being cheeky our funny thats being honest mate. Il be of now till 2nd so I’ll wish you all a happy new year men an women.

mano12345:
I orc thanks iv been driving in northern Ireland from September but only getting 4 1/2 hours at times 6 I want full 9 an sleeping out can’t get it here iv tryed a few from over there an seem to be not interested in helping an willing to stay for few days for assessment an induction at my own expense

HUNTAPAC will take you especially tramping. give them a ring double two double two double two :grimacing:

bossman:

dieseldog999:

Out of interest what’s a Paddy one,if I remember correctly any fella from the island of Ireland is classed as a paddy where I was in England .

to any normal person from the uk,or mostly anywhere else,then if your from Ireland,or northern Ireland,then your classed as a paddy,hence all the paddy jokes etc.
if your from northern Ireland and of the bigoted/proddy persuasion,then you will take great offence at someone referring to you as a paddy,as that would imply your irish,and by definition obviously a catholic. they class northern Ireland as Britain,though at the same time,they generally don’t like the british/English in the same way that generally scots don’t like the English,but with more religious overtones because of all the previous troubles…if you don’t live here,or don’t have any religious ax to grind,then you wouldn’t know,but living in the north,its just catholic/proddy in your face.whether its flags flying,kerbstones/lampposts painted,or anything else.so if your from eire,then your a paddy,if your from the north,then im never certain what they want to be called,as although northern Ireland is british,they they don’t want to be called brits as that represents the queen/England,and the army.they don’t want to be called irish as that means eire,and catholic,being called northern irish would suffice similar to im from Scotland so im Scottish,but it varies depending on who you ask. some say they are Ulstermen ■■ so who really knows or cares…at the same time,when the paddys ate telling paddy jokes,they say,there was paddy Englishman,paddy Scotsman etc,or there was a Kerry man or Donegal man etc.when they run out of counties,then it gets down to the mac o dougals on the receiving end.a prime example of this train of thought is the reason they call Londonderry stroke city. personally I don’t care either way,but the north is chokablock of those that do.

I got told surefreight could do with a couple for uk work. out on sunday,run about uk and ship trailers,parkup day 7.run about uk the next week then come over Thursday,tip fri and offski till sun night,or mon morn.all legal.and barklays of ballymoney are usually looking for guys wanting to do uk as they struggle to find local guys willing to go out.you will be on a lowroof daf so handy enough if your a dwarf…harry cory looking for 1 at £9-60 ph ■■■■■■■ furniture in and out of shops.i had a peek and another laugh at the n.i jobcentre… 1 in keady doing uk trips in a bulker ( co Armagh so you know the way that will work).and as usual morgans (also co Armagh) for uk trips…not a lot of opperchancities for northern Ireland.

Thanks I’ll get there number in the morning diesel if a company from over here give me a chance I’d be over like a shot for them its getting the opportunity but I’ll ring surefreight a ring an see thanks for the help mate have a happy new year an safe driving take care