Looking for work - Central Scotland

Hey all

I have held my license now for almost 5 years and have used it regularly for 2, I am looking for any information on companies in the Edinburgh and Lothian area who may take on class 2 drivers?

I am at the point where by I am considering an alternative career due to the difficulty I have had in securing permanent work,

I saw an ad last week for Neil Williams and have applied but awaiting to hear back

Any advice greatly appreciated

I would try the agencies,Manpower have the R.M. contract.I think theres a good chance you would get work at Sighthill Edinburgh.

I have been working agency mate, mainly NAS and Blue arrow, I am preferibly looking for permanent as oppose to agency, not a good feeling not knowing what your going to be working 1 week to the next

Just trying to help,What about Dalkieth Transport or Pollocks they sometimes take on drivers.Though Dalkieth dont have a good name on here.

Hi Mate,

I’m with Driver Hire Edinburgh West - Just got my class 2 and was wondering how you got on with NAS?

They were recommended to me last week and I plan on signing up with them tomorrow.

Apologies for the thread hijack! Feel free to PM me rather than reply on here if you prefer!

Cheers
Gareth

NAS will keep you working during the busy times but come the quiet times and you will get 2 shifts a week and that’s class 1
blue arrow seem to be more interested in winning contracts than keeping them. Dynamic is not a word i would associate with them
target are good but i don’t know how much class 2 work they have and their rates are falling behind. ADR should be able to keep you busy with class 2 in the CO OP if you are willing to be treated like crap
Jark might be worth a punt but again i don’t know about class 2. Be aware though, he is a sheister so be ready to let everything go in one ear and out the other. I start working for him tomorrow but only for the money. No favours any more!

Jewson are looking at the minute, craigentinny and millerhill.

They’ll put you through your crane ticket if you don’t have one.

Pity you ain’t got Class One.

DHL want a Driver / Trainer / Assessor at Livingston.

A great opportunity for someone and a salary of £28,233.

Try Pollock or DHL/Iceland at Livingston.

I registerd with driver hire west got some work out of them, but they never seemed to have a full week at a time always day by day, alot of 3663 which im not a big fan of, few shifts for quattro staloni that was better, and also a few at pollock

NAS are ok they have NISA/BP but you maybe need 2 years experience for that one

gar374:
Hi Mate,

I’m with Driver Hire Edinburgh West - Just got my class 2 and was wondering how you got on with NAS?

They were recommended to me last week and I plan on signing up with them tomorrow.

Apologies for the thread hijack! Feel free to PM me rather than reply on here if you prefer!

Cheers
Gareth

Thanks for that - had a chat with them today and going to see them wednesday - lack of 2 years experience is a problem for them though. Hey Ho.

Cheers
Gareth

Dieseldoforme:
Pity you ain’t got Class One.

DHL want a Driver / Trainer / Assessor at Livingston.

A great opportunity for someone and a salary of £28,233.

they just offered me a job at westfield. Temp til January but the 4 temps already there have been there over a year. This is my first day in there :open_mouth:

scanny77:
They just offered me a job at westfield. Temp til January but the 4 temps already there have been there over a year. This is my first day in there :open_mouth:

DHL usually keep good reliable drivers who are flexible.

I consider them a decent company to work for.

If the work dries up in January, ask for a transfer.

This is my first day on this site but they know the assessor at iceland. I didn’t need a full assessment thanks to Iceland but i did have to couple up under assessment and be shown round the yard. Needless to say we got chatting and it seems to have paid off with a job offer as a bonus. Apparently the job is easy and no rushing around. Its not like retail work is new to me but even this is comparatively easy and a bit closer to home. I am in here all week so i can get a feel for the place first. First impressions are good though. Decent folk on both sides of the counter which is a pleasant change. I am tempted!

NWH were looking for drivers, if you get an assessment with them when doing walk round check make a point of ensuring valid tax disc on the motor, the assessor seems to like that one for some reason lol dalkieth are always recruiting, self explanitory I guess. I heard whispers that Johnstone at bathgate were looking for folk too.

scanny77:
This is my first day on this site but they know the assessor at iceland. I didn’t need a full assessment thanks to Iceland but i did have to couple up under assessment and be shown round the yard. Needless to say we got chatting and it seems to have paid off with a job offer as a bonus. Apparently the job is easy and no rushing around. Its not like retail work is new to me but even this is comparatively easy and a bit closer to home. I am in here all week so i can get a feel for the place first. First impressions are good though. Decent folk on both sides of the counter which is a pleasant change. I am tempted!

DHL have just flashed up two more CLASS ONE jobs at Livingston.
This time for NISA.
1 day man
1 night man

NISA isn’t an option. They don’t like me and i don’t like them :laughing:

what site are they advertising for a driver/trainer/assessor? I only know of 2 sites in Livingston. Westfield is a lot handier for me but i don’t know what the money is like. The job seems pretty easy though. I just rolled up at the gyle to swap trailers and the ‘empty’ trailer wont be empty for 2 hours. POA time i think

scanny77:
NISA isn’t an option. They don’t like me and i don’t like them :laughing:

what site are they advertising for a driver/trainer/assessor? I only know of 2 sites in Livingston. Westfield is a lot handier for me but i don’t know what the money is like. The job seems pretty easy though. I just rolled up at the gyle to swap trailers and the ‘empty’ trailer wont be empty for 2 hours. POA time i think

I wouldn’t do NISA either - too many narrow streets in my area and I ain’t
pushin no dollies for half a mile with bent wheels !

The Driver / Trainer / Assessor job just says “at our Livington depot” under
reference 36356. There is no contact info except that you would report to
the “Health & Safety Officer.” Immediate start, applications close 16/9/13.

I’ve known three DHL Driver/Trainers in the past and all have said its a good job.
You’d probably travel to other depots as well by company car or with a decent
allowance to use your wheels.

Is that advertised on tachomaster? I haven’t had a look on that for a while. I know 4 assessors now. 1 at westfield and seems to be a decent guy. The NISA one is a walking handbook of theory but isn’t a driver so i spent a lot of time argueing with him during my assessment. I had had little contact with the newer one at iceland but i have a lot about him. Very by the book apparently but i get on ok with him. I get on great with the other one and the former assessor. I have a hell of a lot of time for them. In fact i phoned one of them yesterday since my annual assessment is due and i am not working on that site just now

scanny77:
Is that advertised on tachomaster?

I’m not sure - I still get an email from them.