Looking for work around middlesex

HI As im new to all this just looking for a bit of advise on how and where to start to look for my first hgv job> I live in middlesex area near heathrow and wondered if anyone knew companies who take people on when they have just gained their HGV licence.
I have had my licence since 1993 but will be new to the hgv arena.
Currently a mortgage adviser but really looking to get back into the motor industry as a driver.

Thanks

You can try driversdirect.co.uk tel:0208 751 6664,it’s an agency,they say they have jobs in Heathrow,Twickenham,Colnbrook,Greenford.

Sainsburys also a have a depot in Feltham,I used to deliver there when I was on the agency,might be worth nipping down there and see what the sp is.I can’t remember the name of the road where it is. :blush:
I think that Wincanton have taken over running the show ( though don’t take it as gospel ).

Try roybowles transport, they took me on after passing both my c & c+e. Money aint great but not many companies will touch you with no experience. Gave me the start i needed so could be worth a try

i have a bit of rocket launcher work round southall :grimacing: :grimacing:

OK thanks guys

What do you think there views will be on me having DR30 on my licence from back in 2003 its been over 6 years.

Rocket launcher work■■?

david.bonnar:
OK thanks guys

What do you think there views will be on me having DR30 on my licence from back in 2003 its been over 6 years.

If I understand you correctly you have recently passed your Hgv,if so, that and your conviction would put you to the back of the queue for any driving job when jobs ain’t thick on the ground. Don’t give up your job.

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome david.bonnar :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

david.bonnar:
OK thanks guys

Most agencies state no DR or DD on licence

IMO - your best chance of getting a LGV job is through a personal contact - know anyone who owns or runs a fleet of trucks ?