Looking for recomendations for power inverters

Just looking for recommendations on what sort of power inverters people are using to power microwaves ect as I’m wanting to get something that can power an 800w microwave and an Xbox? (Not necessarily at the same time, but at least one or the other)
Any ideas on how best to wire it in would be greatly appreciated as I’m not sure the best way/safest way to do so?

Cheers

Min 2KW pure sine wave (not modified wave) type with an anderson lead wired into the cab directly from the batteries. Then an anderson lead on the inverter and away you go. Make sure the wattage on the inverter is the continuous wattage not the peak as many cheaper ones try to fudge that and they are very different things. 2KW should run the microwave comfortably, but wouldn’t run the x-box at the same time without a 3KW personally just to give a good margin.

Oh and whatever you do, make sure it’s done either by an auto electrician, the workshop or the dealer to prevent nasty surprises like burning the wiring out or even the truck - bosses tend to be not too happy when you do that. :slight_smile:

Advantage of the anderson lead is it’s easier to move it to a new truck rather than have to unwire it all the way from the batteries, plus it’s useful for the next person, or even replacing the unit when it goes bang.

Ok thank you very much, just been looking at some inverters, I think I’ll be alright with a 2000w inverter as I won’t be using multiple items, I can see that they come in two input forms, being 12v or 24v, is that to correspond with the size battery I will be taking the power from?

I run my stuff from a 2000w 24v ring inverter.
It’s not pure sins wave and I’ve had no problems over the past few years.

Marky D:
Ok thank you very much, just been looking at some inverters, I think I’ll be alright with a 2000w inverter as I won’t be using multiple items, I can see that they come in two input forms, being 12v or 24v, is that to correspond with the size battery I will be taking the power from?

Truck = 24v
Cars, light vans, etc = 12v

I personally run a 3kw inverter, as wanted a bit of spare capacity.

One of these
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01ERB2A5A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
runs a 700 watt microwave , a kettle and a toaster - not all at the same time though .
if you do a search for inverters in the wee box in the top right hand corner you might even find old threads on this very subject and pics of my install .

beefy4605:
One of these
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01ERB2A5A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
runs a 700 watt microwave , a kettle and a toaster - not all at the same time though .
if you do a search for inverters in the wee box in the top right hand corner you might even find old threads on this very subject and pics of my install .

Snap ! I have same inverter , and it runs a 1kw kettle and 800w microwave at same time (with engine running )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk