Looking for photos again

Hi guys, looking for pics of 1 series Scanias in P&O Ferrymasters livery for modelling purposes.

A ‘please’ tacked on the end would probably bring better results :bulb: it doesn’t even cost owt!

PLEASE!

Never knew they had any. Plenty of Mercs Foden’s and p cab scanias with those stupid looking tag axles though!..

Hi,I fall in with Ash as I dont remember them having 1 series Scanias in the P&O livery,they had 80’s and 2 series.Theres a pic of a 110 in the old livery on page 1 of scrapbook.I seem to recall F86’s were their frontline motor. :smiley:

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

hope thats some help to you hodge

Thats absolutely spot on ta very much!

Why were some of them light blue instead of yellow?? Summat to do with tankers?

Lonewolf Yorks:

Wolfie; I thought you were experienced at European work? :confused: And knew all about the different companies. So surely you’d know what the blue motors were…

The “holding company” was P & O (Paciffic & Orient). Within it there were many “subsiduary companies”. To name some; P&O Roadways, Anglo Overseas, P&O Roadways Heavy Haulage, Pandoro, John Forman, Robert Armstrong and FERRYMASTERS.
ALL of them, except Ferrymasters were blue and white. Nothing to do with tankers. Way before they joined P&O, Ferrymasters were yellow&white. They just kept the colours after the merger.

So you can see why we did’nt think that Ferrymasters ran Scania 1 series… you meant P&O in general. DOH !

BTW: Still don’t think I ever saw a P&O blue Scania 111 pulling Ferrymasters trailer. Definatley got NO photos of any. Be a strange looking combo! But I might be wrong.

truckerash:

Lonewolf Yorks:

Wolfie; I thought you were experienced at European work? :confused: And knew all about the different companies. So surely you’d know what the blue motors were…

The “holding company” was P & O (Paciffic & Orient). Within it there were many “subsiduary companies”. To name some; P&O Roadways, Anglo Overseas, P&O Roadways Heavy Haulage, Pandoro, John Forman, Robert Armstrong and FERRYMASTERS.
ALL of them, except Ferrymasters were blue and white. Nothing to do with tankers. Way before they joined P&O, Ferrymasters were yellow&white. They just kept the colours after the merger.

So you can see why we did’nt think that Ferrymasters ran Scania 1 series… you meant P&O in general. DOH !

BTW: Still don’t think I ever saw a P&O blue Scania 111 pulling Ferrymasters trailer. Definatley got NO photos of any. Be a strange looking combo! But I might be wrong.

Sorry but it was “Peninsular and Oriental” not “Pacific and Oriental”.

Off to bed… :grimacing:

Chris Webb:

And there was me thinking myself so smug and now-it-all :unamused: An early night then I guess :laughing:

Look under i think its the Essex companys thread P&0 Felixstowe blue and white there the ex Coastel Roadways boys and Orsett had the same but they were the continental boys and had black and white chevron bumpers

truckerash:

Chris Webb:

And there was me thinking myself so smug and now-it-all :unamused: An early night then I guess :laughing:

:laughing:
Ash,the only reason I remember the P and O bit was because it was either the Arabian Peninsular or the Malay Peninsular that the shipping line was named after,and years later I won a pub quiz with the answer - £5 I think,which would equate to at least three nights out. :smiley:

Chris Webb:

truckerash:

Chris Webb:

:laughing:
Ash,the only reason I remember the P and O bit was because it was either the Arabian Peninsular or the Malay Peninsular that the shipping line was named after,and years later I won a pub quiz with the answer - £5 I think,which would equate to at least three nights out. :smiley:

PS and its still unde’t bed wit’ rest o’t IIL Gotten!!! T’ut,Guv’nors Residence Th’island in the Sun, 3p in the £ tax (if declared) otherwise sweet FA! The Greeks must be 'avin it 'ard compared to us “three leggers”!! Anon.

They did have some in the Ferrymasters yellow & white but they were French registerd.

Never drove for them so wouldn’t know that.

OK so why were some of Garretts wagons under the name of Garrett International and others under the name MFG with same livery.Unless you worked for or with us you ain’t gonna know that.

Is this any use:

Lonewolf Yorks:
Never drove for them so wouldn’t know that.

OK so why were some of Garretts wagons under the name of Garrett International and others under the name MFG with same livery.Unless you worked for or with us you ain’t gonna know that.

Well seeing as none of us did, then how would we know?! Summat dodgy probably :laughing: