Looking for parking in Watford

Done for the day ( slow times at our place), I’m around Watford so looking for a place to park up for the night ( yes I do know it’s not even midday yet!). I know there is a place near the M1 not that far from Hemel but it’s not got that great reviews, Watling Street it’s called

What do you want mate, services, lay by, industrial estate?

Where are you heading to next?

There’s a place in Watford an industrial area that’s across the road from a Toby Carvery but I doubt you’ll be able to get parked up at this time. That’s the trouble you’re going to have.

It’s a 7am tip, needs to “secure’ish”. Don’t really want to use an MSA unless I have to. Next drop is St Albions.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
There’s a place in Watford an industrial area that’s across the road from a Toby Carvery but I doubt you’ll be able to get parked up at this time. That’s the trouble you’re going to have.

Is that Otterspool Way just off the A41 ?

I’ve parked up there a few times,a while back and it was quite " securish " :wink:

Steve is talking about Otterspool Way Industrial estate where MP Moray builders merchants is at J5 the M1, don’t know what the restrictions are there though.

There is the new DPD industrial warehouse on Watling street frogmore that would be very handy for St Albans tomorrow morning. There are pubs and chippy/takeaway less than 10 minutes walk.

Or there are lay by on the A405 on the way into st Albans, that have 24hour starbucks and shell garage and the 3 hammers all in walking distance.

Radar19:
Done for the day ( slow times at our place), I’m around Watford so looking for a place to park up for the night ( yes I do know it’s not even midday yet!). I know there is a place near the M1 not that far from Hemel but it’s not got that great reviews, Watling Street it’s called

Just off the M1 on the A5,stopped there for a 45 about a year or so ago,looked OK to me,not 5 star but hardly a sh*thole. :slight_smile:

F-reds:
Steve is talking about Otterspool Way Industrial estate where MP Moray builders merchants is at J5 the M1, don’t know what the restrictions are there though.

There is the new DPD industrial warehouse on Watling street frogmore that would be very handy for St Albans tomorrow morning. There are pubs and chippy/takeaway less than 10 minutes walk.

Or there are lay by on the A405 on the way into st Albans, that have 24hour starbucks and shell garage and the 3 hammers all in walking distance.

Got my wires crossed, it’s Watford for 7am then on to St Albans! We normally use Baldock on the A1 for this 7am Watford as its SNAP and it’s only 40 minutes away. Might just use that, was hoping for something other than fast food but oh well.

M1 J9 has a harvester over the road. Let’s face it, you’re early enough for the Early Bird special :stuck_out_tongue: