Looking for my dad

hi i would just like to ask if anyone has worked with or knows of william (bill ) stewart im not asking for phone numbers or addresses i would just like to know if he is still driving or retired or even at the worse passed away the last i heard he was driving for nuttalls of rochdale he has worked with t bradys ,euro freight dublin,hercock simsons ,linley haulage,harry sceltons and i think cadwellers i lost contact 35 years ago through no fault of my own i would be grateful of any information regards dave

Ring round the last known companies . Maybe they can help

OK how many of us read that thread title and panicked :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah I agree but not guilty your honour :laughing:

I remember many years ago in Calais a young lady approached me with a large bump and looking a bit dishevelled, she asked me if I knew of an English transport company called LTD I explained I couldn’t help her as most companies at the time were Limited Companies, and that they also had a name prior to the ltd and she needed to find the name of the company, she was surprised at my answer and was obviously disappointed…I often wondered if she ever did find the father of her child. I too did have a relationship with a French girl who told me she was sterilised, but surprised me a few weeks later when she said she was pregnant, the company I worked for at the time stopped running to France, and we lost touch. But 21 years later he contacted me on F/B to ask if I was his dad ! We have since met, but the meeting was not to my liking, he hardly spoke, I had forgotten my French, plus my wife was with me, and so was his mother, all a bit embarrassing really, but we speak occasionally on F/B but hes like a stranger to me and the love just isn’t there.

Dave I remember Bill Stewart from Cadwalladers in the early 90’s. Remember we got talking as I’m from Nuneaton and he said he’d lived down that way ( hence Lindley’s Skelton’s etc).
I can’t be of any help I’m afraid as that was many moons ago. I hope you manage to trace him though mate and wish you well.
He was a sound bloke when I knew him by the way.
Good luch fella :slight_smile:

I used to tell any women I met from catholic countries in Europe that my name as saint Michael,and if they were in any doubt,they could check for themselves by the label on my underpants…worked for me?
though if your looking ,then a day on the phone would be your best bet for the companies involved,even emailing them might work as they wont be on the phone to you,with another 6 phones ringing at the same time…goodluck anyway

billybigrig:
OK how many of us read that thread title and panicked :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

FLIP- thank you very much for the imfomation we have traced him down and he is still driving for james nuttalls of rochdale. im suprised at his age, i am not a love child as some might think i was with my dad till i was 14 but because of a nasty marrital break up the family got seperated so all im trying to do is let him no that he has got grandchildren and great grandchilden that would love to have a chance to meet him. regards dave.

vespa:
FLIP- thank you very much for the imfomation we have traced him down and he is still driving for james nuttalls of rochdale. im suprised at his age, i am not a love child as some might think i was with my dad till i was 14 but because of a nasty marrital break up the family got seperated so all im trying to do is let him no that he has got grandchildren and great grandchilden that would love to have a chance to meet him. regards dave.

good for you pal! Enjoy the rest of your time with him

Pleased you have found him & so far have contact hope it last good luck

A similar thing happened in my family although I am too young to remember it all as I was about 3 many moons ago