Looking for INFO on DAF 2009 onwards460 ? Any known problems

Hi Guys,

I need to buy another truck and looking around it seems that there are a few DAF’s about that would fit the the spec I need ?
4X2 Big Cab and minimum engine 460 upwards, there’s a couple of ex-Cranleigh Freight 2009 SS CAB 460 LHD with 550/600,000 K’s,
however, I have not run Daf’s for many years now, so, some info on fuel mpg ? problems with engines/gearboxs etc would be very
helpful.

If I could find some Fh13 4X2 units then problem solved, but not seen any about or if pushed Scania 4X2 Topline, but I think the prices
they want are always silly !!!

Anyway, and info, gratefully appreciated.

Regards

JJSL

Check the state of the looms where the cab tilt ram is …Wiring will be the biggest issue on a 09 plate …Ask if it has ever had a turbo and when …If a manual box make sure the synchros are ok …

Hi Norb,

many thanks for the info, it’s a 12 speed Auto Gearbox ? I’ve heard that they are OK, but not the best gearbox and a bit
funny when reversing ?

Regards

JJSL

The auto box internally is reliable ,it’s the electronics tat let it down on the changing stakes…You can generally have your break whilst they decide what gear to choose,and reverse is a bit of all or nothing…
You may find the CAT is getting towards the end of it’s life if it is still the original

That’s a very good point I had forgotten about the Exhaust with CAT, I will have a ring round and find out some prices.

Regards

JJSL

Doesnt seem to be a lot of low ride left hookers over here. Have you thought of having a look in Europe?
trucks.nl/search

Nice Scania on e-bay, RHD thou.
ebay.co.uk/itm/Scania-R-420- … 25959cf8c1

Hi Kindle,

Hope you are well, are you still on the tour circuit ?

Anyway, yes I have had a look on a few euro websites, but the mileages are so high, that’s why I’m looking
back here, the Daf’s look Ok and are LHD which is better, but the last time I run Daf’s they were 3600 ATI
Superspace !! real trucks ha ha, and I’m not sure what problems they have ?

The 2008 Scania Lowride Topline looks nice and is about the same price, but it’s only Euro 4, where as the Daf’s
are Euro 5 and 2009, which does help a little bit for the tolls, and I’m not sure when Euro 4 will expire ■■?

So, if I can get some feedback on the Daf’s then I will go and have a look at them and they could be on there way
down to Greece every other week, but unfortuatly not on M&S to Thiva !!!

Regards

JJSL
Tony

Would be nice to do a trip to Greece in a 3600 mate! (just one thou!)

I hope you find something, or that the Cranleigh motors are ok.
Would it be worth giving Cranleigh a call and quoting the truck registration numbers and seeing what the history is like?
Thiva? i never went there, thou i heard thats where Marinopolis moved to.

Im not touring anymore now mate, i got married in 2009 and that was that!

I did go to Greece a few times on that job thou, and remember driving along the ‘new’ bit if motorway and looking over and seeing Marinopolis.

When i was tipping there for M&S, i remember watching the lorries and the workers etc building the road ready for the Olympics, and wondering how it would turn out, seems they did a good job!

I got passed the other week by a very nice Nick Turner Scania. He’s come a long way from running ex Post Office motors to Athens!
Happy days!

I hope you find a good motor mate,
regards
kindle,
Carl.

the company I work for runs about ten 510 ssc 6x2 units, they are from 2010, being replaced as we speak with… volvos and scanias. from what I’ve heard, they are cheap but on hard work they just don’t last, saw a driver last week who complained that there’s oil in the coolant and he’s just trying to get another week out of it until it goes to volvo. and regarding running down to greece with it - they only have two dealerships in the entire country, same problem as here in scandinavia, if it breaks down, you will have a long tow.

Personally have found them
Crap on mpg with autos
But 510 with manual box ok

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the info, and I think I will keep looking around for another Volvo, so if anyone comes across a low ride FH 2008/9/10 plate
with max 500/550K’s on, please send me a message.

Regards

JJSL
(Tony)

Rusty bumpers…still :unamused: