Looking for Guidance

Hi all. New guy here, looking for some guidance.
I am strongly considering getting my Class 2 Licence.
I have spent the last 2 years driving a Mercedes Sprinter Luton, all over the UK, including alot of London driving, so my first question is, is the step up a massive challenge or could this put me in good stead for the Class 2?
I have been doing some research and looked at job availability in my area (High Wycombe) and they nearly all ask for a minimum of 2 years experience, I fully understand that once passed the only option I may have for work is to go through an agency, is the work out there to be able to work full time through an agency on Class 2?
And finally, can any one recommend a training centre in the High Wycombe area, that they used or have heard good feedback about??

Many thanks for all help and guidance.

Almost all you need to know is contained within the link in my signature below

Wanting X amount of experience or time holding the licence goes out the window when they want a driver which happens more these days that it did over the last few years

Your history with non hgv commercial vehicles will stand you in good stead, particularly because of where you live and where your likely routes will be.

You are streets ahead of the competition who may never have driven in London before, your confidence and ability will very soon be picked up by anyone who gives you the chance, don’t underestimate the experience you now have.

Do it.

Maybe your present employer might be thinking of larger vehicle(s), if so you might be able to negotiate an agreement of commitment in return for training, don’t ask you won’t know.

Thanks for the reply guys.
I am going to go see the guys at Wallace School of Transport in the morning.
I am considering doing the C and C+E back to back in one hit, is this a good idea?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

danalex84:
I am considering doing the C and C+E back to back in one hit, is this a good idea?

Many thanks.

Yes but its not quite back to back as you have to wait for licence to come back from DVLA after passing C

Good choice of trainer. Check this out:

dft.gov.uk/fyn/lgv.php

All the best with it. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

danalex84:

Many thanks.

Hi

Are you going to their office in Wembley for medical starter pack? I am also going to be training through wallace, will be booking my medical this week - looks like a great school.

Cheers