looking for full time class 1 job glasgow

Looking for class 1 work in glasgow area
Can any1 ideas who looking for drivers apart from a&d

No luck with Nightfreight/DX?

Davy85:
Looking for class 1 work in glasgow area. Can any1 ideas who looking for drivers apart from a&d

try chivas regal at paisley or Dumbarton ( KILMALID ) Malcolm’s are there and Linwood! :sunglasses: good luck from an Englishman! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I used to work for a company called M&H Logistics, their head office is in ■■■■■■■■■■■■ might be worth a try, they were ok to work for - salaried though :wink:

damoq:

No heard anything from nightfrieght it said on there job add to start asap and that was last monday i sent my cv application lol
I had interview yesterday with filshill but im no sure about them
As it standard £10 pay plan other words the runs need done at there time scale say ex amount of drop and they give you 8hr to do so but if you get delayed and they dont think your being honest wae them you only get 8hrs and the rest is on your time.
Its a struggle to find a decent company to work for with all the usual kiss asses etc making a easy job hard

Davy85:

damoq:

No heard anything from nightfrieght it said on there job add to start asap and that was last monday i sent my cv application lol
I had interview yesterday with filshill but im no sure about them
As it standard £10 pay plan other words the runs need done at there time scale say ex amount of drop and they give you 8hr to do so but if you get delayed and they dont think your being honest wae them you only get 8hrs and the rest is on your time.
Its a struggle to find a decent company to work for with all the usual kiss asses etc making a easy job hard

PM Fallmonk. He works with Fillshill. He will tell you what they are like.

PS. I know you are desperate for a job, but you are best staying well clear of Nightfreight.

Malcolms gotta be worth a call, they are a growing company with three depots in Central Scotland

Is night frieght a rubbish job?? What sort of stuff you got on them?? Malcolms is paying one of the lowest rates out there for drivers at the moment from what iv been told and under cutting to get all the jobs iv sent them email n all they doing is email me back say they sent it to other depot.
im just looking for job security to safe guard everything i have built up in my life house etc

Try langdons they are somewhere near the king george docks. One of our agency got a full time job there about 3/4 weeks ago it’s £120 a day.

I applied for job with peg express but a dont know much about them either. do you know anything

Ref pay at Malcolms : I did a few day shifts for them on the agency and got nearly £9 , apparently its the same rate as their own drivers, cant find pay slip to confirm but its not too bad for up here but you might need practice your hitch knots :smiley:

Warburtons at Euro are taking Class 2 on don’t know about class 1

Davy85:
Is night frieght a rubbish job?? What sort of stuff you got on them?? Malcolms is paying one of the lowest rates out there for drivers at the moment from what iv been told and under cutting to get all the jobs iv sent them email n all they doing is email me back say they sent it to other depot.
im just looking for job security to safe guard everything i have built up in my life house etc

My first hand experience with Nightfreight is that you can expect anything in the region of 20-30 deliveries per day around Glasgow and Ayrshire. Deliveries to houses are a normal occurrence too. Bear in mind this is in an Artic! Expect to get sent back out for more collections just when you think you are finished for the day. 12hr shifts are normal. Gaffers have no concept of transport. I could go on! This was about 6 yrs ago I worked there long term with an agency cos they couldn’t get anyone else to do the job.

Its my mate who packed the job in hence why they are looking for a driver ASAP. He said its worse now than what it was when I was there and he isn’t afraid of a bit of graft!!!

Davy85:
I applied for job with peg express but a dont know much about them either. do you know anything

I would rank them along with Nightfreight.

Got a interview with a small haulage firm up ■■■■■■■■■■■ tonight. John mcnally haulage so fingers crossed all is well and get back to paye as self employed stuff is ok if the contracts your on pays well if they dont your out of pocket with fees from accountings etc and actually take holidays

Dont touch nightfreight, its pretty brutal

waynedl:
I used to work for a company called M&H Logistics, their head office is in ■■■■■■■■■■■■ might be worth a try, they were ok to work for - salaried though :wink:

Have you seen their new Rangers FC liveried truck? The must be scared to send that on the Glasgow East End area!:D:D

Your asking for bother if your motors are green or blue in glasgow

damoq:

waynedl:
Have you seen their new Rangers FC liveried truck? The must be scared to send that on the Glasgow East End area!:D:D

aye, yesterday in kwiksave bellshill! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Have you tried Carntynes down in Springburn
The father in law used to work there.
They seemed very decent to him when he took seriously ill.
Seemed decent work and kit also.

He was a day man but I’ve seen them down around York so they must have trampers also.