Looking for European work

Hi all

Looking to branch out of the UK and gain experience on the euro scene. I’ve spent the past 12 years working in the uk and unlike a lot of people. I genuinely love the job never really have any complaints and just get on and do my job.

May I firstly point out I do not wish to pry on anyone’s wages on what they do or don’t get. I would just like some advice and if any information on possible contacts for company’s that might be willing to take me on. My main problem is that I’m based in colchester essex. And the research that I have done there doesn’t seem to be many companies in this area.

I’m also currently working and love working where I’m at and I earn exactly what I need to earn so no problems there and I would only leave if the money was right anyway I.e. Earning more for being away for weeks at a time. Now working away does not bother me. I am married with children and have discussed working away with my wife and she fully supports me in my work cos she knows I love doing the job.

Now I’m looking to try and do more on the fridge work as I do have a chronic back problem. Now this doesn’t stop me climbing around trucks as long I watch how I carry out each movement so it doesn’t cause me much problem, but if I was strapping loads day in day out then I feel it could possibly cause me trouble in the long run.

Now I’ve give everyone my life story I’ll stop waffling on if anyone could pass any information or guidance it will be great fully received.

Cheers Steve

stevtel:
…I’m also currently working and love working where I’m at and I earn exactly what I need to earn so no problems there and I would only leave if the money was right anyway I.e. Earning more for being away for weeks at a time.

Just a suggestion but why don’t you say what you think would be a fair wage to receive (not forgetting night out money and weekend payment) to tempt you away from your current employment and see what feedback you get from those more better placed to advise you! There is a good chance that you may well decide to stay where you are!! :wink: :wink:

To be honest, if have a secure job that you are happy with (Terms & conditions, wages etc) then you may well be better off where you are! Good luck anyway.

The reason I haven’t mentioned wages is there is too many differences between companies and drivers hearsay. I’m basically looking for guidence and advice I’m more interested in getting experience of the job. Money will come in to it should I be fortunate to find and land a job and if the figures stack up at that point I’ll do it, but like I said I earn what’s I need to which is a decent wage and should a job come around that wants me to work away for weeks at a time and pays less or the same then that’s a bridge that I’ll cross then… I just want to do the job…

Cheers strve

I’m in colchester aswell and there’s not many firms doing the continent round here. You will have to travel further afield . Have you tried h c wilson at elmswell? Heard good things about them.

Brian Yeardley near Wakefield were after continental drivers for weeks away in left hand drive trucks with experience.
Groupage work to Italy,Spain and France.
New kit and a futher fleet expansion is planned.
Ralph Davies at Cheltenham does a little Euro work.
Mostly UK.
S&K at Barry South Wales.
Birds at Birmingham.
Jeavons Euro Tir Birmingham.
Davies international Southampton.Fridges.
It may neccesary to commute to depots but if away for three to four weeks at a time,it is not so bad.
Bear in mind the job may entail not being paid while sat at the weekend on a 24 or 45 hour off or more.Do not expect to back home Friday night when the wife has booked events.

Insight transport and logistics ltd at Inkberrow Midlands does Gibraltar and Spain.
Tautliner and flat bed trailers.The fleet is Renault Magnums and MAN.
UK work available.But with the gippy back,using chains to secure loads could be iffy.
Heritage in Dover.Fridges.
Sealane Dover.Tautliners.Must live within a 30 mile radius.
Turners do fridges around Europe.
Matthews the sameski.
Continental Express supply Morrisons in Gibraltar on single or double man trips.Fridges.
Based in North London.
Pulleyn in Reading.Fridge/pharmaceuticals.
They cover Europe/Scandinavia/Russia/Turkey.Crb check required as requested by their customers.Maybe waiting list for jobs there.

toby1234abc:
Insight transport and logistics ltd at Inkberrow Midlands does Gibraltar and Spain.
Tautliner and flat bed trailers.The fleet is Renault Magnums and MAN.
UK work available.But with the gippy back,using chains to secure loads could be iffy.
Heritage in Dover.Fridges.
Sealane Dover.Tautliners.Must live within a 30 mile radius.
Turners do fridges around Europe.
Matthews the sameski.
Continental Express supply Morrisons in Gibraltar on single or double man trips.Fridges.
Based in North London.
Pulleyn in Reading.Fridge/pharmaceuticals.
They cover Europe/Scandinavia/Russia/Turkey.Crb check required as requested by their customers.Maybe waiting list for jobs there.[/quoted
Don’t let a fictitious waiting list put you off!! I applied there and got offered the job even with no European experience

Toby you forgot Peter Green Chilled, Somerset .

Thanks BB.

Bald bloke, are Peter Greens doing it now as have not seen any out here for months.■■?/

At the risk of being shot hung drawn and quartered… Stobart are recruiting international drivers at Aveley.
They have a new large contract loading steel from Germany and Switzerland.

JB:
At the risk of being shot hung drawn and quartered… Stobart are recruiting international drivers at Aveley.

ah see that’s where he’s gone on his way to Cyprus :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry nick you’ve lost me?

JB:
Sorry nick you’ve lost me?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=109489#p1658619

klunk/■■■■■■■■
Bald bloke, are Peter Greens doing it now as have not seen any out here for months.■■?/

Yes they do approx 3 trips a day to Germany for us then they pick up stuff for American forces back here in Blighty.

JB:

I’ve never worked for stobart but wouldn’t hesitate to despite what others say. As anybody on here worked for them on the international side ?

Stobarts do the tyres for Formulae 1 around Europe in black trucks.
But drivers do not get to see the racing.
It is chopping veg and pealing spuds behind the scenes.

Me. Lol

I was there 8 years. If your prepared to stay away you can earn very good money.
I’ve a mate on there who’s out for about a month and he’s doing around £720 to £750 a week. In the bank.

Thanks jb nice to hear from someone who actually worked there rather than mmtm