Looking for euro vacancy

live in yorkshire no problems with work country wide euro experience clean brief and full ADR seeking fulltime or tempory position being away for extended periods not a problem can be contacted on 07912851070

thank you bojo

hi try pulleyns of reading

digbydog99:
hi try pulleyns of reading

A quick look on their website tells you they have no vacancies at the moment!! :confused: :confused:

Pulleyns always USED to be quite selective with regard to who they employed. Apparently they always had a waiting list of well qualified drivers. That was a few years ago now though so things may well have changed.

They used to get around to a fair few places , long distance and unusual, and drivers had to be prepared to be away for quite a while.

Their kit was usually top of the range as well apparently. They were DAF SSC`s but now I believe they run Mercs.

Not sure how true this is but I believed they were NOT paid for being weekended, could well be wrong though, I’m sure someone will put it right!! :wink: :wink:

My oldmans one of the longest serving drivers they have,and still goin strong at 70,pay is salary so its the same if your away or home,plus expences,and they still have a waiting list and are very selective about who they take on,they are all merc and maintained to the highest standards.i think they still like you to be away for at least 3 weeks at a time,ive worked for them and would jump at the chance of goin back.Decent money,good kit,run legal,what more can a driver ask for?

Ask your dad if he,d mind packing in and letting a younger bloke with a family have a job. Sorry no disrespect to your old man ,but this is a major gripe of mine. Pensioners taking there pension then also a job off someone with a mortgage and kids. :imp:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

440Mopar:
Pensioners taking there pension then also a job off someone with a mortgage and kids. :imp:

I think you’ll find that if you continue to work you don’t get youre pension till you actually jack in, & I don’t think he’s actually “taken” anyones job as it was his in the first place.

Ross.

he doesnt get a pension mate,he an ex owner driver that lost everything and has spent the last 16 years payin everyone off,then his misses left him with ■■■■ all,so if its ok with you i think he will carry on!!! and what makes you so sure pulleyns would take you on anyway?? and like Ross has said it was his job anyway,if you want to start moanin mate why dont you start with are friends from eastern europe?one more thing theres a few at pulleyns over 65 and there out lasting any of the younger ones that come and go,i known times are hard mate,but turning on your own isnt the way to go.

Who said i was looking for a job at Pulleyns garybow41, not me. As i said in my last reply no disrespect to your old man personally and i dont want to hear his life story either .The fact is ,alot of people are working till an older age now for whatever reason, not only in transport and yes the eastern europeans do count for alot of the vacancys. But also the indigenous population is growing aswell. People are living longer too, this whole country is bursting at the seams, my post wasnt meant to mean lets have a cull of old fogeys, there will be genuine cases like your old man, forced by his own personal circumstances, who have no choice but to work on. There is also alot of grabbing bleeders ,who as ive said dont take somebodys job ,but are DOING ajob that some body with young family and mortgage could do. As for your comment on immigrants i fully agree with what was said, i just posted a reply as on a public ,open forum to a remark that gets my goat. At the end, what can be done, there is a growing natural workforce coming on to the job market all the time, along with the outside jobseekers, coupeled with a growing older workforce at the other end .I will look into the point of not being able to claim your pension if you carry on and if im wrong i will put it up on here as an apology to you and all other oldies. Sorry for being so heavy and sorry for hijacking the original posters thread. At least it s kept it near the top of page one.

440Mopar:
Who said i was looking for a job at Pulleyns garybow41, not me. As i said in my last reply no disrespect to your old man personally and i dont want to hear his life story either .The fact is ,alot of people are working till an older age now for whatever reason, not only in transport and yes the eastern europeans do count for alot of the vacancys. But also the indigenous population is growing aswell. People are living longer too, this whole country is bursting at the seams, my post wasnt meant to mean lets have a cull of old fogeys, there will be genuine cases like your old man, forced by his own personal circumstances, who have no choice but to work on. There is also alot of grabbing bleeders ,who as ive said dont take somebodys job ,but are DOING ajob that some body with young family and mortgage could do. As for your comment on immigrants i fully agree with what was said, i just posted a reply as on a public ,open forum to a remark that gets my goat. At the end, what can be done, there is a growing natural workforce coming on to the job market all the time, along with the outside jobseekers, coupeled with a growing older workforce at the other end .I will look into the point of not being able to claim your pension if you carry on and if im wrong i will put it up on here as an apology to you and all other oldies. Sorry for being so heavy and sorry for hijacking the original posters thread. At least it s kept it near the top of page one.

You don’t have to retire when you reach State Pension age. You can put off claiming your State Pension when you reach State Pension age.

I think a comment like this one on a lorry drivers forum is ill advised at least. Garybows father has the experience that companies like Pulleyn are looking for, they dont want 19 or 25 year olds who want to stick flags all over the trucks. Someone who is still driving at 70 obviously still enjoys it, has passed the HGV medical and is more than entitled to the job, There are many 70 year olds still driving trucks, and are still bloody good drivers, so I think you are talking like a ■■■.

What are you going to look into?

Thanks Wheelnut, :laughing:

just sticking up for the oldman mate,enough said hope you find a job,or what ever your looking for soon.

Wheel Nut:
… so I think you are talking like a ■■■.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …PMSL :laughing: :laughing:

bullitt:

Wheel Nut:
… so I think you are talking like a ■■■.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …PMSL :laughing: :laughing:

So did i :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Theres a thread on the main forum saying Ralph Davies are looking for drivers mainly uk work but some euro work as and when required to start with. Might be worth a shot.