Looking for euro tramping work

Hi All
I am looking for euro tramping work happy to be away weeks aat a time into all countries clean licence good experience in general euro haulage any ideas of firms?Distance to travel no object no family ties

Happy and a very safe new year to you all

Join the que, :laughing: seriously anything paying decent wages is very thin on the ground, plenty of companies that will quite happily take the ■■■■ though as far as conditions and pay are concerned, chances are you wont see anything worth your while advertised anywhere, also probably one of the quietest times of the year to be looking for a opportunity, but i wish you luck with your quest

I believe Scott Trawlers are starting up again, may be worth a phone call

Skint & Knackered, though the reviews aren’t generally over-favourable.

mattecube:
Hi All
I am looking for euro tramping work happy to be away weeks aat a time into all countries clean licence good experience in general euro haulage any ideas of firms?Distance to travel no object no family ties

I shouldn’t…But try here www.lcs-transport .com I worked there, they do Euro. But I’ll leave it up to you. I’m sayin’ nowt!

Been looking for 2yrs trying to get back in, good luck, but too many willing to work for zb all, and a lot of Dutch who once used UK based drivers are using East Euro drivers which has been said on here numerous times, so why do Euro when UK pays same or maybe even less, all good Euro jobs taken and being hung on to.,but hey if you hear different, let me know :laughing:

Yep, unfortunately continental truck driving has gone the same way as shipbuilding, textiles, coal mining etc, when the Iron Curtain fell the West discovered an army of third world workers on the doorstep willing to work for a quarter of the then going rate.

mattecube:
Hi All

No ties & distance no object? Have you thought about giving it a go with either the Dutch or Belgians? Been a while since i did continental so i’m not really up on things but worth a go. I know they want their pound of flesh but, from previous experience they’re good to work for, & you’re usually paid the same as the local drivers, more most of the time because they usually want their weekends at home.

belguims and that french firm with the red motors have also gone to employing eastern european drivers, they will work for **** all, and drive 20hrs a day,
i’m glad i got out of this sh*t when i did.

try www.fernandez.lu

Lovlyperson:
try fernandez.lu

I think the OP is british not slovak or ukrainian wishing to drive a porky reg truck for peanuts :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Monk:
Yep, unfortunately continental truck driving has gone the same way as shipbuilding, textiles, coal mining etc, when the Iron Curtain fell the West discovered an army of third world workers on the doorstep willing to work for a quarter of the then going rate.

Hm, what Iron Curtain has to do with influx of third world workers to UK? I can understand the influx of Eastern Europeans, but for third world influx you should blame your own colonial past :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, ok, second world then. But whatever, that’s why we don’t do the European work we did ten years ago.

Harry Monk:
Well, ok, second world then. But whatever, that’s why we don’t do the European work we did ten years ago.

I am just trying to keep you guys right, as usual :wink: I can’t disagree with the above statement :wink: