Looking for continental work out of south west

hi everyone im a new poster im looking for continental work out of bristol and south west just wondering if anyone can help? :bulb:

Dead as a doornail mate. I’m in Bristol and got laid off plm end of Feb. I am going back on with my old boss in Belgium on the 3rd May, your only option are s and k were looking for drivers but not sure if they still are. Whites,Mortimers,MLC,m and d,all the gilder brothers are all full of drivers and they all have waiting lists. You might have to look further afield for work i’m afraid.

BTW welcome to trucknet :smiley:

Would not bother with s&k,my mate worked for them for about 6 mounths and was never paid properly,the basic is crap and the bonus is a joke you never know what your earning,they will weekend you in avonmouth then charge you diesel money when you refuse and go back to the yard.

thanks for that info looks like ill have to spread my wings a little then : :smiley:

fatty01:
Would not bother with s&k,my mate worked for them for about 6 mounths and was never paid properly,the basic is crap and the bonus is a joke you never know what your earning,they will weekend you in avonmouth then charge you diesel money when you refuse and go back to the yard.

Yeah i worked there and everything you say is correct. Not sure about the diesel money bit though

daleyboy:

fatty01:

Yeah i worked there and everything you say is correct. Not sure about the diesel money bit though

They charged another driver for that! but they weekend my mate in swindon and told him he would have to pay the deisel if wanted to go back to the yard then he got his nuts chewed cos they somehow found out id picked him up and taken him home :open_mouth:

What a terrible way to treat a driver… fancy weekending someone who is less than 90 minutes from home.

i worked for a boss like that what i did i talked to my solicitor,the next time he told me i was weekended 60miles from home,i said ok,on monday when i got back to yard i put in a receipt for 500 quid,he asked what the hell was this, i said its my bill for being a security guard for his truck im employed as a driver and my lawyer said it was legal so pay up.he phoned his lawyer then he paid me then sacked me,oh happy days.

a boss like that and there are plenty of them should not be allowed to exist. but i suppose there would be even less jobs if they didnt hell the poor drivers we never win!!!

i quite regularly park for the weekend in granada if loaded for sevilla to save the mileage back and catch the bus home, its a fiver each way, takes an hour and the boss pays. i take my 45 hours from when the bus gets me to malaga not when i park up.
saves getting all bolshy and arsey about looking after the truck and getting sacked :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, it’s shocking. If I am empty in Cornwall on a Friday then my boss will bring me back empty to Kent if there is no backload. He wouldn’t dream of weekending me if there was going to be a backload available on Monday.

He would weekend me in Germany or Spain under those circumstances but that is reasonable, and I would be aware that that might happen before I set off on the trip and would be allowed to decline the job if that didn’t suit me.

on the S&K bit one of their drivers was loading at the place i work on friday afternoon, to deliver Le Havre,Rouen and 3 around the N104 around Paris and he had to ship to La Havre from portsmouth … … …

Friday Night :angry:

Harry Monk:
Yes, it’s shocking. If I am empty in Cornwall on a Friday then my boss will bring me back empty to Kent if there is no backload. He wouldn’t dream of weekending me if there was going to be a backload available on Monday.

He would weekend me in Germany or Spain under those circumstances but that is reasonable, and I would be aware that that might happen before I set off on the trip and would be allowed to decline the job if that didn’t suit me.

Harry who you on for now then im in kent

sent you a pm mate

Edited to remove what was written to prevent “colleagues” from misquoting me next time they’re ■■■■■■ licking :unamused:

skorpio:
As I’ve stated on another thread, I average £1100 a fortnight for a pretty easy life.

Is that take home â– â– ? If so i think thats good money for what your doing.

turnip:

skorpio:
As I’ve stated on another thread, I average £1100 a fortnight for a pretty easy life.

Is that take home â– â– ? If so i think thats good money for what your doing.

do they have any jobs going ?

Edited to remove what was written to prevent “colleagues” from misquoting me next time they’re ■■■■■■ licking :unamused:

I have to say that every time I’m parked with an S&K driver they seem happy with their lot, not moaning about the job, and most of the ones I see have been with the company for ages… They never appear to be under pressure and although they don’t have the most modern fleet in Europe, at least they now have full height cabs, and they are all newer than the truck I am driving! :blush: